PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Merski
3-14-11, 7:02am
To all irish board members...anyone living in County Kerry? And also to all of you who enjoy the music the guinness and the country...

IshbelRobertson
3-14-11, 2:57pm
But..... it's not St Patrick's Day until 17 March!

I'm not Irish, but visit there regularly and have friends in Kerry, does that count?

Merski
3-14-11, 4:07pm
You betcha...I'm prone to enjoy the next few days as part of the celebration!

IshbelRobertson
3-14-11, 7:04pm
In Ireland, it seems to only be celebrated on the actual Feast Day - and I have noticed how much more 'American' the holiday has become. When I was a girl, there was an obligation to go to Mass and then there were small parades on the main streets of local towns. Nowadays, with the HUGE influx of American tourists, it's almost like New York or chicago in some of the bigger Irish towns and cities.

Greg44
3-14-11, 7:12pm
Merski - you a few days early and we a still celebrating Pi Day (3.14)! You Irish will just have to wait until we finish our pie!

Miss Cellane
3-14-11, 8:13pm
Merski - you a few days early and we a still celebrating Pi Day (3.14)! You Irish will just have to wait until we finish our pie!

Those of us who are Irish just get to celebrate with pie now and corned beef and cabbage in a few days. Any excuse for a party.

Merski
3-15-11, 8:01am
We will have to have our corned beef and cabbage on Wednesday night because DH teaches on Thursday, so I'm blurring the line a little.

dado potato
3-17-11, 12:38am
My dear wife calls it "boiled dinner".

earthshepherd
3-17-11, 6:35am
I am planting my peas today! Happy St Patricks Day everyone! The sun is reported to be on its way for the day (still pitch black here so far). I am really looking forward to a little sunshine.

treehugger
3-17-11, 11:59am
The husband and I spent last weekend at a Celtic Faire in Sonora, CA (Sierra foothills/gold country) with lots of friends and great music (and some whiskey), so that was definitely our St. Patrick's celebration. Tonight, I have the house to myself, so that also lends itself to a certain kind of celebrating. :)

Kara