PDA

View Full Version : Finding my Zen and treating myself better

TxZen
5-25-14, 2:12pm
One of my goals this year was to get healthier. This crosses all planes, not just the eat more salad and take a longer walk idea.

Today, I donated all of my hi heels. I bought some cute but cushioned ballet flats and a pair of sensible shoes that I can wear with suits. I am calling it my geek chic look. :) No more hurting my feet, my knee or my back for the sake of vanity or society. I only need to get a pair of cushioned beach sandals and another pair of sneakers and that will complete my shoe wardrobe. I am keeping my cowgirl boots that I love so dearly.

I am also working on taking 15 minutes a day AT WORK to move, stretch, decompress. Usually happens around 2, when my energy level nose dives. I also increase my water at this time and it seems to help.

AT home, I am simplifying a lot of paperwork and making my office space friendly and comfortable to work in. I now have a space to roll out my yoga mat and relax when needed. I also added a pretty lamp and some hanging stars that make me smile.

I am realizing its the small things that make the bigger things better. :D

razz
5-25-14, 6:52pm
Smart woman! Getting one's space and time organized is really important.

Sad Eyed Lady
5-25-14, 6:56pm
Sounds wonderful GreenMama! Keep reporting on other changes you might make or how these are going.

TxZen
5-25-14, 7:44pm
I was able to sort through another small pile of papers. It's amazing how papers seem to grow. I have everything ordered into smaller like piles but what a process. I refuse to spend more than 2 hours on the weekend working on the pile.