PDA

View Full Version : Nicest day and yours?

ctg492
6-14-14, 8:59pm
Today was the nicest, most enjoyable day I have had since last August. That was when my life got all shook up. I have worked so hard the last month to find peace. Today was perfect weather in lower Michigan. I told myself to "let it go" any of those daily issues that have taken over since August. I rode 22 miles, walked a great many times with dogs, visited neighbors I had not seen since fall, met some new neighbors, had conversation with nice strangers at the cafe, washed car, and just generally smiled a lot. I has been a long time since I could say that. Monday the craziness of driving starts back up, but till then I will carry on with the happiness.
How was your day?

razz
6-14-14, 9:41pm
Frustrating in ways and great in others. I got the laundry washed and dried online outside in delightful temps and put away including the little bit of ironing that still needs to be done. Walked the dog in the gently warmth and sunshine after the rainy cloudy stretch for the past week.

I also suddenly realized that I need to talk to someone about alternatives re my future housing. I added up all the additional costs for the new semi I am interested in and it is too pricey, I think. Semi-detached freeholds should not be costing the same as detached freeholds no matter how well-laid out they may be. My real estate agent who had no part in the semi plans said he would be in touch on Monday with some ideas that would better suit me. We will see. Maybe real estate has gone up that high for new developments. Sort of great day and also sort of a roller coaster day. Does that make sense?

Lainey
6-14-14, 10:11pm
Also had a very nice day - my son and his gf came over to tell me they got engaged last night! He had told me last month he wanted to propose on Friday 13th which was a full moon, and a full moon in June is a "honey moon." yes, corny, but also a date they won't forget.
We then met up with her parents for pizza and everyone just really enjoyed each other's company for the next few hours. I'm very happy.

iris lilies
6-14-14, 10:27pm
Today's weather was perfect here, too. We worked in the garden, but just in the afternoon.

I've been in near constant worry-mode (largely unnecessary )and last night couldn't sleep due to worry over dog medication. I talked to the vet today and--all is well!

So it was lovely to have a beautiful day outside today, and I'll sleep well tonight.

iris lilies
6-14-14, 10:28pm
awww Lainey, that is nice!

iris lilies
6-14-14, 10:30pm
I also suddenly realized that I need to talk to someone about alternatives re my future housing. I added up all the additional costs for the new semi I am interested in and it is too pricey, I think. Semi-detached freeholds should not be costing the same as detached freeholds no matter how well-laid out they may be. My real estate agent who had no part in the semi plans said he would be in touch on Monday with some ideas that would better suit me. We will see. Maybe real estate has gone up that high for new developments. Sort of great day and also sort of a roller coaster day. Does that make sense?

I'm sorry to hear this but am glad you are pricing everything out, getting all of the numbers, before you have to commit for certain.

ApatheticNoMore
6-15-14, 5:31am
Not great, did volunteering, got depressed. Could be a lot of reasons for that, one might be that to not have autonomy over your work is depressing (this is just a comment on the particular situation I have going on). Now this is pretty demoralizing when you are chasing the paystub but at least there you can tell yourself you put up with all of it for the money and focus on the $ and only let it get to you somewhat ...

sweetana3
6-15-14, 6:33am
Yesterday was really nice. Went to a friend's garage sale and the weather was perfect. Then spent 2 hours watching the Indy Pride parade at a great location. Hundreds and hundreds of smiling and happy people cannot help but put one in a good mood. Collected mardi gras beads and had a good walk to and from. There were over 150 entries in the parade from fully outfited drag queens to churches supporting equal rights and roller derby groups. Even politicians had entries.

happystuff
6-15-14, 10:44am
Yesterday was nice. I know I accomplished a lot from crafting to cooking to minimal cleaning - lol. It was a nice day and I am hoping for the same today. Made Father's Day breakfast for dh and we all actually sat around the table together - ecellent way to start the day! Weather is going to be warmer than yesterday, so I'm hoping to give the dog a bath. I think a nap may be on the schedule too.

catherine
6-15-14, 12:20pm
Had a cook-out at my DS/DDIL house--and another DS is visiting from VT so it was great to see all of them--including DGS and also my son's best friend and his wife. He has known his best friend since he was a little boy when the friend's dad was the soccer coach and they both played on the same team. I was watching them kick around a soccer ball in the street yesterday, and was getting some strong, warm flashbacks of times gone by. Thinking how cool it would be if "DS8" could have gotten a glimpse into his own crystal ball to see the "DS36"--still hanging out with his friend!

awakenedsoul
6-15-14, 2:14pm
Had a great day yesterday. Now that my vacuum is fixed, the carpet looks like new! I vacuumed and dusted the living room, cleaned the kitchen with vinegar water, watered the front garden, and read my library book. Had leftover macaroni and cheese topped with heirloom tomatoes for dinner. Ran the dogs with the Walkydog on my bicycle. Stopped and chatted with a few neighbors on the way. Walked the track ten times, and came home. Had a nice hot bath, homemade molasses crinkle cookies for dessert, and did a short session of yoga. Woke up to a clean, calm, house and happy dogs...

Gardenarian
6-16-14, 4:09pm
Hi all -
Just saying a quick hello from the UK! Having a lovely time with dd - but sounds like everyone is having a happy summer :)
Looking forward to Stonehenge on the solstice...then back home. It's been an adventure; just what I needed!