PDA

View Full Version : UK trip

Gardenarian
6-29-14, 12:02pm
I realized I've been avoiding the forum because I didn't feel like giving a whole rundown on the trip my daughter and I recently took to the UK! Silly.:~)

So I'll just say - we had a terrific time, lots of great memories, no problems. My dd is the best travel companion; she doesn't complain and always found something to appreciate wherever we went.

We took almost 2000 photos!! 1600 of those being dd's. Anyhow, it will take some time to sort them.

Our favorite places: London, all of it - what a fabulous city. DD especially loved Camden Market (me too!) York has an incredibly sense of history, the cathedral is astounding. The Lake Country (and I was particularly taken with the little town of Grasmere.) Cornwall felt not too different from California.

One of my concerns in packing was of being too casual, but it seems that most places have changed since I last visited 30 years ago. My daughter, who brought a pair of jeans and some t-shirts and one dress, did just fine.

The jet lag was pretty intense, but didn't really detract from the experience. Having my car stolen a couple days after returning did - I feel like all the happy energy I brought home got sucked out of me :(

Still, I have the great memories, and I'm so glad I did this trip. This was a more of a challenge than a treat to me, after the health problems I've had, and I feel kind of proud that I not only went, but had a great time.

So now that's done and I can get on with posting other stuff!

iris lily
6-29-14, 12:08pm
That's great! I didn't expect a blow-by-blow recap, I just wanted to know that you had a good time and noting major went wrong.

I love York, just love it! Of course London is wonderful.

Float On
6-29-14, 12:39pm
So glad you and your daughter were able to make this trip together.

IshbelRobertson
6-29-14, 5:53pm
How nice that you enjoyed the trip, rather than it being an ordeal.
We're off back to the Roseland Peninsula of Cornwall in mid-September. We no longer have a boat there, but two or three of our friends do.... So my husband is happy!

razz
6-29-14, 6:57pm
Having that trip with your daughter is a very wonderful experience that you both will treasure for a long time. Glad it went well.

CeciliaW
6-29-14, 10:32pm
Well Done!

Simplemind
6-29-14, 11:30pm
I am so happy you enjoyed your trip. It can feel like a marathon if you have health challenges. We did a similar trip a few years ago and I agree about the jet lag. I was so buzzed being over there I was on sensory overload. Coming home after three weeks, I slept for three days. You and your daughter will have those happy memories forever.