PDA

View Full Version : Surgery

Glo
7-20-14, 12:44am
After many months of back problems and dealing with shots, physical therapy, and a great deal of pain, I've elected to have back surgery. This will consist of fusing two discs in lower back, straightening out my curving spine with screws and rods, and cleaning up the stenosis. So, I'm asking for prayers. TIA!

Aroha
7-20-14, 3:45am
Glo, when is your surgery scheduled for? Blessings to you for a safe and successful operation. Shalom.

mtnlaurel
7-20-14, 8:17am
You are in my prayers.

razz
7-20-14, 8:40am
You are in my thoughts. Let us know how things progress please.

Float On
7-20-14, 9:14am
prayers - hope it goes well for you and you have a quick recovery.

Lainey
7-20-14, 10:47am
Glo,
Years ago, a family member who was almost bedridden finally had back surgery. It was very successful and made his back almost as good as new. He said it was the best thing he'd did. So I'm sending good thoughts your way for the same outcome!

Gardenarian
7-20-14, 2:23pm
Blessing and best of luck to you!

Blackdog Lin
7-20-14, 10:26pm
Wafting good thoughts up into the universe for you.....

awakenedsoul
7-20-14, 11:23pm
Sending you healing! I have a couple of friends who made the same choice. Back pain can really be debilitating. I hope this works for you and that you recover quickly...

CathyA
7-21-14, 7:32am
Sending you good, healing thoughts! Let us know how you are doing.

Florence
7-21-14, 8:04am
I hope the surgery is successful and your recovery goes smoothly.

chrisgermany
7-21-14, 10:38am
All good wishes for you.
I do not want to change your mind but DH had such surgery 7 years ago after long period of pain. Unfortunately 3 years ago pain came back.
He is thinking about new surgery but...
On one hand he had 4 good years. On the other hand fusion cannot be made undone and is producing more pressure on the discs of the next level.
There is very little research about success rates after 3+ years.
I'd recommend to be careful with physical therapy. Choose a therapist who has lots of experience with fusions.
Again, all good wishes.

Glo
7-21-14, 11:19am
Thanks to everyone for your kind words and advice. Surgery is scheduled for Friday, 7 a.m.

JaneV2.0
7-21-14, 12:14pm
Hoping for a successful surgery and a swift recovery, Glo.

peggy
7-21-14, 1:30pm
Here's hoping good things for you. Back pain is the worst!