PDA

View Full Version : working on book 'love your enemies'

Zoe Girl
9-28-14, 3:14pm
I am very much enjoying this book, so much depth in the work around anger. I am a peer facilitator for our local meditation group and so i brought this book to our group on Friday and talked based on the first part and then did a compassion exercise to support the talk and discussion. I got some good feedback from it as well. I really like doing the facilitation even though sometimes I don't feel very confident.

Anger and enemies are very interesting deep topics, I think Buddhism gets misunderstood as not being okay with anger, but it more subtle than that. I noticed I wasn't getting angry as much as I had a sour grapes when good things happened to other people even though I intellectually wanted to be happy for them. It didn't feel like the person I really wanted to be.

In any case I recommend the book or if anyone wants to chat on the topic that would be great.

Davidwd
9-28-14, 4:17pm
Hi Zoe,

who is the author please? I am interested in taking a look at this book but there is several books of this title.

david

Zoe Girl
9-28-14, 8:27pm
Sharon Salzberg and Robert Thurman

catherine
9-28-14, 8:40pm
Sharon Salzberg and Robert Thurman

Great authors.

Davidwd
9-29-14, 5:39am
Tank you!

Xmac
9-29-14, 9:47am
Anger and enemies are very interesting deep topics, I think Buddhism gets misunderstood as not being okay with anger, but it more subtle than that. I noticed I wasn't getting angry as much as I had a sour grapes when good things happened to other people even though I intellectually wanted to be happy for them. It didn't feel like the person I really wanted to be

So, can you expound on the book and how it pertains to your situation?