PDA

View Full Version : "You can pay it out."

larknm
3-22-11, 4:13pm
I hate it when people who charge a lot for whatever service they offer (this includes dentist, car repair person and many more). >:( I tell them I won't have more money later and can't afford to go into debt. That shuts them up, but I am already boiling at their "saintly" manner while informing me of this big "favor" they'd do for me.

bae
3-22-11, 4:28pm
Well, perhaps you could find a lower-cost provider of the service you require then?

Life_is_Simple
3-22-11, 11:13pm
I'd really like to use that phrase sometime. Watch their heads explode.

:cool:

loosechickens
3-22-11, 11:27pm
if they are not charging you interest on the unpaid amount, then they really ARE doing something nice for you, and probably many of their customers are grateful for it. Of course, it also makes it easier for them to charge huge fees, because many people only consider what they are going to have to pay out every month, rather than what it all adds up to.

my favorite one, used by a friend, is "well, if I could afford it, I wouldn't need payments, so payments don't really help me very much, other than showing me that I can't afford it".......

redfox
3-23-11, 7:44am
Some practitioners will give a 10% discount for cash up front. Worth asking about when seeking care.