PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of the junk that's out there.......

CathyA
11-7-14, 12:08pm
On the "fake official mail" thread, we were talking about how maybe the U.S. post office is only staying afloat because of all the junk mail.
And I said something about our economy staying afloat because of all the junk of all kinds out there.

I ran a few errands this morning. Here's one small example of the junk out there. I just couldn't believe it. (well.....actually, unfortunately, I can).

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/Catherine50/xmasplungercrap_zpsfeeeefed.jpg

gimmethesimplelife
11-7-14, 12:11pm
On the "fake official mail" thread, we were talking about how maybe the U.S. post office is only staying afloat because of all the junk mail.
And I said something about our economy staying afloat because of all the junk of all kinds out there.

I ran a few errands this morning. Here's one small example of the junk out there. I just couldn't believe it. (well.....actually, unfortunately, I can).

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/Catherine50/xmasplungercrap_zpsfeeeefed.jpgLOL Cathy, this is just too bizarre. I honestly don't know how I'd react if I ran across these lol. Rob

Float On
11-7-14, 2:13pm
That has "White Elephant Gift of 2014" written all over it.

KayLR
11-7-14, 2:38pm
That has "White Elephant Gift of 2014" written all over it.

Ha! No kidding!

kib
11-7-14, 3:20pm
Wow. What exactly are you supposed to do with this objet d' art?

CathyA
11-7-14, 4:11pm
Hopefully it will be used as a plunger after christmas..........but I doubt it. But if they do, I hope they don't bring it out next christmas to use again....:~)

ApatheticNoMore
11-7-14, 4:52pm
Are the branches removable? If so you use it as a plunger and then if your plunger is openly visible in the bathroom, when it comes time for the holidays you decorate it with the braches. Come on, admit it, you always wanted a plunger you could give a nice holiday look to.

lessisbest
11-7-14, 4:54pm
As the old saying goes....

Everything happens for a reason.
Sometimes that reason is you're stupid and make bad choices.

Although I know someone who will take that idea and make money with them. (LOL) I'll be sure to share it with her.

kib
11-7-14, 4:57pm
"Are the branches removable? If so you use it as a plunger and then if your plunger is openly visible in the bathroom, when it comes time for the holidays you decorate it with the braches. Come on, admit it, you always wanted a plunger you could give a nice holiday look to. "

So true. And if the suction were strong enough, I could also attach it to the ceiling in place of mistletoe.

iris lilies
11-7-14, 5:14pm
Oh my. Thanks so much for posting this. Can't believe it. Yet, there is photographic proof.

jp1
11-7-14, 5:44pm
"Are the branches removable? If so you use it as a plunger and then if your plunger is openly visible in the bathroom, when it comes time for the holidays you decorate it with the braches. Come on, admit it, you always wanted a plunger you could give a nice holiday look to. "

So true. And if the suction were strong enough, I could also attach it to the ceiling in place of mistletoe.

I was thinking, hang them sideways on the wall. Or they could be useful if someone was doing a remake of that Fred Astaire movie where he dances up the wall and onto the ceiling...

Packy
11-7-14, 7:21pm
Yah, take the branches out, and use them for Holiday decorations--craft shops charge ridiculous prices for stuff just like it that is made in China or idndia. Then, you can keep that plunger handy(minus branches) for unstopping drains--with that short handle, it will store easily underneath a bathroom vanity. You might even be able to use it as an autobody tool, as a dent puller in just the right situation. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.