PDA

View Full Version : Summer Environmental Leadership camp for teens

lhamo
3-25-11, 7:31pm
Not sure how I feel about this being sponsored by a major aluminum company, but might be a good opportunity for anyone with environmentally-minded teens in their circle:

Alcoa Foundation and Institute for Civic Leadership Establish Alcoa Global Service Leaders Scholarship Program

The Alcoa Foundation, the corporate foundation of global aluminum producer Alcoa, has announced a partnership with the Institute for Civic Leadership to establish the Alcoa Global Service Leaders Scholarship Program. The new program invites students between the ages of 15 and 18 anywhere in the world to apply for full scholarships of up to $5,000 to attend ICL's 2011 Summer Academy, a comprehensive, two-week hands-on summer leadership program for students who have passion for leadership and service.

The scholarship winners will have a unique opportunity to study and learn together at Dwight International School in Vancouver Island, Canada. Students will learn about sustainable leadership and will master key leadership skills through workshops, team-building exercises, games, and excursions.

The scholarship winners will have a unique opportunity to study and learn together at Dwight International School in Vancouver Island, Canada. Students will learn about sustainable leadership and will master key leadership skills through workshops, team-building exercises, games, and excursions.

For complete program information and the scholarship application, visit the Alcoa Web site.

http://www.alcoa.com/global/en/community/foundation/info_page/partnerships_leadership.asp

lhamo

PS: In the interests of full disclosure, I should note that the organization I work for is managing another program for the Alcoa Foundation, but I do not work on that program. We have no connection to this program. I got this announcement through a third-party service, not from anyone at work.