PDA

View Full Version : Who plays pickleball?

kally
3-20-15, 5:10pm
I do and I love it. I have played for about a year, usually 3 times a week in the winter and a couple of times a month in the summer.

It is only $2 a session, is a great workout and so much fun.
I am super not athletic, so this is the first thing that I have really stuck with so far.

How about you?

KayLR
3-20-15, 6:41pm
We want to...just need to find a group, club, place, to get in on it. I played it when I was younger; my sister and b-i-l had a court. BIL knew how to play as he was from Seattle and had much more exposure to recreation than we did as country bumpkins. It IS fun! Most of the leagues here are senior-oriented.

Tussiemussies
3-20-15, 9:29pm
I've never heard of it...how it played...just the basics...

kally
3-20-15, 9:52pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V9X9B2cL_Q

Tussiemussies
3-21-15, 1:35am
Thanks Kally...

Gardenarian
3-21-15, 8:33pm
They have a regular game at the tennis court near me, and it looks fun. I'm a little afraid to try it - I've never been good at ball sports.

Packy
3-21-15, 11:24pm
It is a "softball" form of tennis, for people who are um, less than fit, but trying to regain it. The video makes it look easy, and of course, for some people with good dexterity, coordination & flexibility, it would be. For most people in later life, it would be a challenge; if they stuck with it, I can see how it would be very beneficial.

kally
3-22-15, 12:38am
Honestly, I really am not a games person. But this one has stuck. It is very social too, and it is only a little bit competitive. i think you should try it if you want - fastest growing sport in N.A.

Gardenarian
3-23-15, 1:26am
Okay, equinox resolution : I will try pickleball!

kally
3-23-15, 12:40pm
good for you Gardenarian.