PDA

View Full Version : hosted really successful event

Zoe Girl
3-22-15, 12:42am
whew, today was the big summer staff hiring event. i have been on the committee to set up how to hire staff for summer and then we will do the year round hiring work next. we need to hire about 150 people for summer work, most already work for us but they are not guaranteed summer work, on the other side they are not required to work summer.

So we put together a 3 hour event including an introduction to summer camp, Q and A, talking about expectations of of course a team builder! the core of the event was 6 stations of activities they did as teams and supervisors got to observe how they worked as a team, who was good for leadership, who snuck off to the bathroom 10 times, etc. we had roller coaster build, card houses, speed lesson planning and individual interviews, and each team presented a cheer or rap. And we planned for about 60-70 staff, 96 showed up! it went much better than i could imagine, we got some compliments from the supervisors not on our committee as well.

i read something about being an extroverted introvert, i totally was comfortable getting in front and leading a lot of this. then i went home and took a long nap.

SiouzQ.
3-22-15, 7:50am
Sounds great, congrats to you!

Rachel
3-22-15, 5:51pm
Sounds like a complex and challenging event with many different logistics---hard to plan that kind of thing so that it all comes out well. KUDOS!!!!

Valley
3-22-15, 6:15pm
Great job...you should feel great about it!

Packy
3-22-15, 7:22pm
What do you suppose the "snuck off to the bathrooms 10 times" was all about? Ya spose it was to go smoke summa that whatever it is they happen to smoke? Just curious.

Zoe Girl
3-22-15, 7:45pm
thank you, it is a project to pull off smoothly! Maybe this will be part of my evaluations?

the bathroom thing is to not be involved in the process, and since the entire day was considered an interview they ducked out of the interview.

JaneV2.0
3-22-15, 8:19pm
Maybe scrutiny makes their bladder twitch. Anyway, organizing something like this will look good on your resume'.