PDA

View Full Version : Drop shipping?

fidgiegirl
3-29-11, 6:38pm
Anyone here use a drop shipper? Any feedback or advice? We are looking at launching a side business using Doba.com.

:thankyou:

jennipurrr
4-8-11, 10:57am
Hi Fidgie,

I have not used a drop shipper myself, but I have read up on them as for a time they were all the rage to internet riches. I would do a lot of research into the company and what you will be selling. One of the big drawbacks I remember is that ok, yes you are selling an item on the net, but so are 1,000 other people...the exact same item at the exact same price. HTH...not much of an expert!

iris lily
4-9-11, 12:04am
Agreed, jenni, that was my thought as well without any detail.

Fidgie, what are you selling?

I could never wrap my head around sending out someone else's product and making money on the sheer "marketing" of the product. Can't see how that works in any real way.

iris lily
4-9-11, 8:56am
Agreed, jenni, that was my thought as well without any detail.

Fidgie, what are you selling?

I could never wrap my head around sending out someone else's product and making money on the sheer "marketing" of the product. Can't see how that works in any real way.
edited to add: well, can't wee how that works in a big way for mom and pop operations. Certainly there are big retailers doing that. But it's hard for us all to replicate Amazon.

rodeosweetheart
4-10-11, 8:57pm
Hi, I put in a google search on Doba and got some discouraging feedback from some folks . Obviously, your mileage may vary, but you might want to read some of those reports and see what you think.