PDA

View Full Version : sqeeeak ,...

Zoe Girl
5-19-15, 8:03pm
Okay in the new place, settling slowly but all okay. I checked out with the landlord and she was impressed with how clean it was! She didn't even look at half of it but told me I would be getting my deposit back. However she has 30 days,

Meanwhile I am waiting on child support, he has been having issues with multiple car accidents and has kept in good communication so after 10 years of being good at this I am okay. He has been through a layoff a few years ago but now is covering kids' insurance which is a savings of $300 a month.

I never filed my taxes, I usually get a big refund (no penalties if you file late and get a refund). I need to find the paperwork and have someone do them for me this year.

And my paycheck at the end of this month will be much higher!! At the point where I should be frugal enough to not need child support to survive (okay but I am getting a couch before I put 100% into savings for emergency and kid education). I get paid once a month at the end of the month.

It is just a tight sqeeeak right now, I know it is not worth panicking over but I am facing some late bills and my savings are almost gone. The facts are that I am expecting about $2,500 in addition to my paycheck and I have about $500 in bills if I total the month (some are due before I will get money). My paycheck will go in on a Friday and I am going on retreat that day! I am thinking that maybe I should start contacting some of my bills and explaining the situation, I have a good payment history with them and have pulled from savings to cover all the moving costs and some of the bills. Maybe there is a way to get taxes done, a refund showing and basically a refund loan? I recall these from years ago but never have done that. That assumes I can find everything quickly.

Okay overall I am so happy about the changes and my future, I just need to figure out the next month.

mschrisgo2
5-19-15, 9:24pm
Do you have good enough credit to get a small Peer-to-Peer loan? Say, $1000?
Or just get a payday advance? it will cost you a little bit, but not as much as late fees and damage to your credit rating.

kib
5-19-15, 10:35pm
Are you planning to do your own taxes? There are some tax preparers who will give you your refund upfront, but it costs money, really a shame to waste that if you can squeak by.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/tompor/2013/01/30/tompor-column-tax-refunds/1878241/

Zoe Girl
5-19-15, 11:11pm
it looks like when i get the amazon refund and my son pays his portion of car insurance i can pay the one bill i am concerned about. others aren't great to be late but are not going to have a fee or shut off a service. i also am going to ask my ex if he can do part of the regular amount. His car was totaled and they replaced but he has to pay the taxes on the new car.

meanwhile i have internet at home again!! so that will help take care of some of these things more efficiently

ToomuchStuff
5-20-15, 11:01am
I know a few providers has legal issues that forced them to stop the IRS refund loan programs. I HOPE you spent the little time it took to file for an extension, rather then just failing to file (still illegal).
Have you thought about sending the bills, at least a partial payment, then sending the rest when it is in your account (not waiting for the next bill)?

Zoe Girl
5-20-15, 11:49am
Good idea on the partial payment, I should have the amazon refund soon and that will be a little ease. I was not excited about the refund loan program, and I didn't get a chance to find paperwork last night. I can file within a couple weeks no matter what however, and then all the money should come in at the same time which means it is all going back into the emergency fund.

I am relating to the other thread where someone (I forget who) said they had to realize that as an adult things will get missed all the time. Yup, I just am tired of apologizing for trying to get everything done and getting some things late. You can plan all you want and then these things happen!

JaneV2.0
5-20-15, 12:46pm
Will late payment of this bill affect your FICO score?