PDA

View Full Version : Reading in June

Florence
6-25-15, 8:58pm
I just finished Ordinary Heroes by Scott Turow. Oh my, what an excellent read!

Joe and I are reading The Wright Brothers by David McCullough. There is so much more to the Wright brothers and their flying machine than I thought. As always, David McCullough can really make a biography come alive.

What are you reading?

iris lilies
6-25-15, 10:39pm
I just finished Ordinary Heroes by Scott Turow. Oh my, what an excellent read!

Joe and I are reading The Wright Brothers by David McCullough. There is so much more to the Wright brothers and their flying machine than I thought. As always, David McCullough can really make a biography come alive.

What are you reading?

i heard McCullough interviewed on nor and this book sounded interesting.

my summer reading theme is graphic novels.im working through a list of those highest rated on Good Reads.

Gardenarian
6-26-15, 1:32pm
I'm reading "Seveneves" by Neal Stephenson. Almost 900 pages, and way too much techie detail than necessary for telling the story. Still, I'm enjoying it. It is about a future where the moon is hit by (a meteor? wandering black hole? they're not sure.) This leads to the total destruction of the Earth, with a small crew in space trying to guarantee the survival of the human race.

iris lilies
6-26-15, 1:42pm
Has anyone finished the Pulitzer novel, All the light We Cannot See? I started it liked it, and then had to return it to the library because there is a waiting list.

Florence
6-26-15, 3:41pm
Has anyone finished the Pulitzer novel, All the light We Cannot See? I started it liked it, and then had to return it to the library because there is a waiting list.

I read it and loved it all the way to the end! Get back on the waiting list!