PDA

View Full Version : Wow.....

gimmethesimplelife
6-26-15, 10:22am
Amazing. Once again I'm uttterly floored. The Supreme Court just released it's ruling in regards to gay marriage - it's legal in all 50 states now. Wow! Just five years ago - shoot just two years ago - I would not have ever believed this would happen in my lifetime. This is real social progress - and progress that i have had the honor to witness. Today I am humbled. Rob

Gregg
6-26-15, 10:29am

jp1
6-26-15, 10:29am
Indeed. As someone roughly the same age as you I also didn't truly believe that this would happen any time soon. As recently as two years ago I had expected this to slog on for a couple of decades with a few holdout states.

The only question now is do I go to work or do I take the day off and go to the Castro and soak up all the happiness. I assume the street party has already begun even though it's only 7:30.

gimmethesimplelife
6-26-15, 10:43am
Indeed. As someone roughly the same age as you I also didn't truly believe that this would happen any time soon. As recently as two years ago I had expected this to slog on for a couple of decades with a few holdout states.

The only question now is do I go to work or do I take the day off and go to the Castro and soak up all the happiness. I assume the street party has already begun even though it's only 7:30.I'd take the day off if you can....this is historic. SO and I will be looking to see if there is anything going on in Phoenix to commemorate this - though of course later on in the day as it's so blasted hot here now. Rob

bae
6-26-15, 10:46am
Yay indeed! And the Seattle Pride parade is this weekend, should be epic!

JaneV2.0
6-26-15, 10:51am
Parenthetically, the city of Seattle painted seven crosswalks in the Capitol Hill district in rainbow colors to celebrate Pride Week. They will be a permanent fixture.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/colorful-crosswalks-celebrate-gay-pride-in-seattle/

peggy
6-26-15, 11:00am
woot woot!:cool::cool::cool:

Gardenarian
6-26-15, 1:26pm
Huzzah!
This is the first I hear about it - excellent news Rob!

Lainey
6-26-15, 2:21pm
Rob - that was the first word I thought of too - "Wow"! Very exciting day. No more "civil unions." I liked what one commentator said, "It's about hearts, not parts." !

rosarugosa
6-26-15, 7:05pm
Cool! I hadn't heard!

kib
6-26-15, 7:16pm
Thank god.

RosieTR
6-26-15, 11:55pm
Yay! Thought of you, Rob! How very exciting!!!

Tussiemussies
6-27-15, 2:16am
Very glad for you Rob and timely for your own wedding!

Reyes
6-27-15, 1:01pm
Yesterday was quite wonderful. My wife and I married in Canada in 2007, however only recently did Oregon recognize it. To have it recognized across the nation is truly wonderful. It is especially great for my (now adult) children to see this in their lifetime. For our grandchild who is two, will never know any different. Great day.