PDA

View Full Version : my retreat

Zoe Girl
9-29-15, 8:40am
hi all, just have to tell you about my retreat, well it was silent so there isn't much to tell in some ways. it was just awesome, and we spent a lot of time outdoors which was an interesting experience. Since we had a small retreat in a small place we did our own work as part of the deal (and it was affordable). i was kitchen manager and i am really proud of holding that part of the retreat. i had a whole system of sticky note menus, managed the dietary needs of people including no gluten, tomatoes, onion, whew. And we made it with enough to eat, $400 for 6 people for 10 days. i think that is good. mostly it was nice to make that my work meditation since it is something that comes easily and was healing for me around some relationships and food (my mom and i don't share the kitchen well, at all).

i also got lots and lots of time outside. i found that i like to meditate on rocks, usually with lichen, and if the spot is moderately high up and looks over a trail that is super good. Funny how we have our spots. i brought home a couple small rocks for my alter.

pcooley
9-29-15, 9:29am
That's wonderful! I've always liked Dogen's "Instructions for the Cook." I'm glad the retreat went well. I went to a Zazenkai at Mountain Cloud Zen Center. It was just 1 day of meditation, and I thought my legs were going to fall off by the end of the last meditation period. Good for you for making it through the full 10 days.