PDA

View Full Version : What's missing in the Odom blitz

ctg492
10-17-15, 1:18pm
This poor man made some very poor choices or his addiction made the choices for him, however one wishes to phrase it. Anyhow this could be the media's chance to bring addiction/drug usage/herbal drug abuse to the for front. Instead we get play by plays of the K family, the place where the Man spent his final hours, hourly pop ups on the condition. I wonder why the news has not been more on the reasons, choices and addiction, help that could have been offered, what went wrong and such?

Float On
10-17-15, 1:39pm
where the Man spent his final hours,

Didn't he wake up? I haven't been following it other than to read the headlines.

SteveinMN
10-17-15, 1:53pm
I wonder why the news has not been more on the reasons, choices and addiction, help that could have been offered, what went wrong and such?
Because I try to keep my life a Kardashian/Jenner-free zone I haven't followed this story very closely but few specific reasons for Odom's collapse are known at the moment.

Beyond that, however, stories like this rarely foster discussion of underlying issues. Oil train fires, this week's massacre by a disgruntled loner, the latest clueless statement by a wingnut Presidential candidate -- very few of those sponsor lasting discussions of the issues behind the flaming headline. And in this particular situation, the help one can get depends on where one lives and how much money one (or one's insurers) might have for treatment. It would be difficult, I think, to do a comprehensive mass-media piece on treatment options.

ctg492
10-17-15, 2:01pm
My son is Clean 4 years Monday! So for me personally if the issue can be raised it should at all costs. But yes that would not sell news, using the word lightly.

iris lilies
10-17-15, 2:30pm
I don't even know what you are talking about. Sure I could
Google it, but I won't.

bae
10-17-15, 2:33pm
Who?

sweetana3
10-17-15, 2:50pm
I just think it is another sad story of a young man with more potential for a good life, throwing it away. All the details are just sensationalism and I suspect wont change anyone's actions although it should be a wake up call.