PDA

View Full Version : the Simple Life of Dogs-not so much

freshstart
10-20-15, 11:11pm
My dad is having surgery tomorrow and won't be driving for 4 weeks, I still can't. Buddy has such long flowing hair, it is a mess, we have prickers on our lawn that will not die, I swear he rolls in them but won't sit still for me to cut them off. He needs to be shaved totally down, bathed, nails. Bernice just needs a bath and nails. My cousin swears by her mobile van groomers, that they cost the same as Pet Smart, where I feel like I am being ripped off by Buddy's shaving. I cannot see well enough to do their nails myself, Bernice has to be muzzled, held by 2 people and a third to cut. I refuse to be one of those 3 people, she trusts me, that took a long time, I will not violate her trust. If I had a shaver, I think I could do Buddy if someone helped hold him and did the parts I cannot see well. I could bathe them, but tend to fall when bending over to pick something up off the floor so I don't think I should do this just yet. So screw it, I failed to plan in time. This one time, they are having the luxury mobile pet spa experience in my driveway. Then I saw this:

Small Dogs:

Smooth coated $62

Trims $65-$75

Hair Cuts $70-$75

Medium Dogs:

Smooth coated $65-$75

Trims $70-$85

Hair Cuts $75-$85

Medium/Large Dogs:

Smooth coated $70-$80

Trims $85-$120

Hair Cuts $100-$160

Dyeing/Coloring: $30-$60 (depending on size)

Stenciling/Streaking $15-$20

Holy crap! I cannot even imagine what a total shave would cost. A bath for $65-75??? How do people afford this? Stenciling and streaking? We're going back to Pet Smart if we have to walk the 8 miles to get there, lol.

although, I would like to see a stenciled dog, streaking. opening his little trench coat at the doggie park....

sweetana3
10-21-15, 6:24am
Lot more hair on a dog than on a human and a whole lot more work. And they come to your home. I suspect they stay fully booked from looking around at all the dogs here and how busy PetSmart groomers are. Last time were were there they had at least 6 groomers working.

SteveinMN
10-21-15, 9:37am
A bath for $65-75??? How do people afford this?
Many (most?) don't. Otherwise mobile grooming vans would be as numerous on roads as UPS trucks. :) But many people treat their pets as members of the family, and many people I know wouldn't think twice about getting a $65-75 haircut/style themselves or for other members of their family. And, as sweetana pointed out, they do come to you. If they've been in business awhile, they're not having trouble finding customers.

freshstart
10-21-15, 4:30pm
true about coming to you, I think Buddy's shaving, bath, nails, etc is about $56 at Petsmart. Bernice will hopefully soon only need nails and I will resume bathing her. I have to check if I would save anything by doing Buddy's bath, it might just be in the package.

has anyone seen Trump Your Dog? I am totally Trumping Bernice with Buddy's long locks, they can look kind of blond-ish. And there is Bernie Your Baby. I find the Trump ones funnier, the babies are creepy