PDA

View Full Version : Simple Prayer: Waking up this morning I smile

catherine
11-10-15, 6:08am
Every morning when I wake up, I recite Thich Nhat Hanh's simple prayer/meditation:

Waking up this morning I smile
24 brand new hours are before me!
I vow to live fully in each moment
And view all beings with the eyes of compassion.

I LOVE this simple little prayer. It gets me started on the right track.

Do you have any favorite simple prayer?

Zoe Girl
11-10-15, 8:33am
I try to get at least 10 minutes of meditation in before I go to work, if my mind is really having a hard time then I chant the buddhist refuges.

TVRodriguez
11-10-15, 2:32pm
Every morning when I wake up, I recite Thich Nhat Hanh's simple prayer/meditation:

Waking up this morning I smile
24 brand new hours are before me!
I vow to live fully in each moment
And view all beings with the eyes of compassion.

I LOVE this simple little prayer. It gets me started on the right track.

Do you have any favorite simple prayer?

Nice one. Love Thich Nhat Hanh.

I have a friend who recites something like, "Hello. I love you. Thank you. I'm sorry." She really likes it. I'm not a fan of the ending.

I've occasionally used this to meditate: "I am safe. I am whole. I am loved."

freshstart
11-10-15, 3:59pm
I had a simple saying similar for years. Every morning before I opened my eyes. One of the first things gone when my memory went wacko. Can't recall author or one word of it but I am not a morning person and this was helpful. Maybe I can steal Catherine's!

Catherine, I think you posted another one like this months ago and it was one that I also used to use and it's recently gone. If you think of it, could you re-post if it's one you know off the top of your head?

catherine
11-10-15, 4:23pm
Catherine, I think you posted another one like this months ago and it was one that I also used to use and it's recently gone. If you think of it, could you re-post if it's one you know off the top of your head?

Gee, if my memory serves me right, I think it might have been the Julian of Norwich phrase "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."

Is that it? That's another of my favorites.

freshstart
11-10-15, 4:50pm
Gee, if my memory serves me right, I think it might have been the Julian of Norwich phrase "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."

Is that it? That's another of my favorites.

that is it! Thank you, you made my day and I'm writing it down now.