PDA

View Full Version : opinions; neighbors dog is using our area as a poop station;

babr
4-10-11, 5:45pm
i am struggling with this because i want to maintain a good relationship with this neighbor; they just let the dog out to wander wherever; the neighbor has a girl in highschool who is such a sweetheart; anyway; we live in a condominium and i could notify the manager that she is leaving her dog unattended; thereby staying out of direct contact; they would send her a notice and hopefully they would do something!

any thoughts?

razz
4-10-11, 7:33pm
Babr, it is not an issue with just you and the other party. Doggy doo is really a nuisance when it gets dragged into the condo building and smells. It is a sanitation/health issue that needs to be addressed by the manager.
I really wish that people who don't supervise their dogs allowing them to mess would realize that they really should never have pets.

CathyA
4-10-11, 7:33pm
I think you should talk to your neighbors directly. Don't be confrontational, just nicely mention to then that you're stepping in their doggie's poop in your yard, and is there anything they could do about that.
I would think they'd be more upset with you, if they find out you called the manager without first talking to them.
Good luck.

redfox
4-10-11, 9:39pm
Yup, I agree a short, "I imagine you'd like to know that your dog is..." of "I'ms sure you weren;t aware that your dog is...", some gentle way.

babr
4-11-11, 9:33am
okay will talk with them in the context that they didn't know kind of thing; maybe it would at least cut down on the crap

thanks; will let you know the response

i feel the same way; it really peeves me that people here don't pick up after their dogs; one park attendent told someone that they recently had to clean up an area for the annual easter egg hunt and pick up around 500 pounds of dog poop!!!! is that crazy or what; really all you have to do is take a baggie; grab it as you are turning it inside out and voila there you have it

Float On
4-11-11, 10:02am
My dog poops in the neighbor's woods, and the neighbor's dog poops in our woods. We had a laugh about the dogs knowing the property lines. We decided that was pretty even so no problems. I've never lived in town but am sure I'd be very annoyed in your situation. I know I'm really upset anytime other neighbor's dogs come on my property and chase (and once killed) my chickens.

redfox
4-11-11, 11:06am
Seattle has an poop scoop law, and though I've not seen it enforced, I do see people carrying bags with them everywhere, and rarely step in it. I am very appreciative of this law.

bagelgirl
4-11-11, 12:57pm
I hope you let us know how it comes out. I hate to be cynical, but I rarely see people who aren't offended about even the gentlest of complaints about their children or pets. If fit were me, I think I would go to the manager.

The upside of this is that it seems to be a condo wide problem. Really, 500 pounds of poop? It's a condo wide problem.

babr
4-12-11, 7:27am
oh i guess i didn't write that right; lost my ability to write clearly; sorry; i meant one of the local parks in the area but i will let you know how it turned out; i am nervous as well a big milestone for me to assert myself and say in a kind way; please have your dog poop in your own yard; thanks guys; i have to go and clean it up also as i don't want that in an area that we are trying to grow things in; its not organic and its nasty;probably what i will do is go and pick up the poop and then that will get me motivated to talk with them; thanks guys

ScoutAround
4-12-11, 12:02pm
I'm glad I came across this thread.

Babr,

There's a new campaign put on by this company, Bags on Board where you can send your "naughty neighbor" one of the Bags on Board dispenser and some pet waste bags for free.

Your neighbor will receive the dispenser, the bags, and a short message letting you neighbor know, hey, the whole poop in my yard thing? Not cool.

Here's a link to their Facebook page with more info on the campaign:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BagsOnBoard?sk=app_4949752878

Mrs-M
4-12-11, 7:19pm
I think it's terrible that people aren't more considerate of others especially when it pertains to publicly used areas.

babr
4-15-11, 2:20pm
you are right mrs. m; most of the people who live here do not pick up poop; Scout Around thanks for the great link; i think i am going to get the names of these people who do not pick up; and send them some bags; great idea! first though my neighbor; thanks so much!!!!