PDA

View Full Version : Trying to help dd with home loan

pinkytoe
4-11-11, 1:30pm
So DD is buying her first house with an FHA loan. I gave her a small gift of $3000 to help with closing costs and repairs. We have combined banking accounts meaning my checking and savings account are on the same statement as her checking account. We had it set up that way when she was in college so that we could easily transfer funds and so that she wouldn't have to pay a maintenance fee. I transferred the gift money to her account a week ago. Now the underwriter is saying I must submit my whole statement - not just the two accounts showing the transfer. I contend that my checking account is none of their business, is not relevant to the loan and does not need to be included. They say it is a FHA law but I can find nothing stating such. If I hold my ground, I risk the loan not going through. Anyone have advice?

Reyes
4-11-11, 3:08pm
I'd give them the statement. It does not affect you in anyway if they have the info, right? (I mean, they are not thinking you are a co-owner of the loan?)

jennipurrr
4-11-11, 3:57pm
Is the issue the shared account, or the gift of $3000?

rodeosweetheart
4-11-11, 5:46pm
I would not give them the info, because it is starting to feel like a co-signing situation. But I would not want a joint account with my grown kids. Can you just separate the accounts now and deny them access to yours? It feels really wrong to me.