PDA

View Full Version : Personal Financial Milestone Today!

SiouzQ.
12-15-15, 3:50pm
I just made a bank deposit from my last two jewelry trunk shows and my emergency/savings/slush fund is gulp...21,234.23 (to be exact). Part of me just cannot believe it, but I have been working on saving for YEARS and it may not be all that much in the grand scope of things, but it is a lot to me :) I plan on paying off my car loan (about $1500) after my next paycheck before the end of the year, and will also make a large IRA contribution when I do taxes in January. To celebrate I bought my kitchen pretty, new (not from the thrift store, imagine THAT) dish towels :laff: I will probably also be purchasing some more tools for my studio but right now I am going to relish looking at my deposit slip a little while longer!

iris lilies
12-15-15, 5:33pm
I just made a bank deposit from my last two jewelry trunk shows and my emergency/savings/slush fund is gulp...21,234.23 (to be exact). Part of me just cannot believe it, but I have been working on saving for YEARS and it may not be all that much in the grand scope of things, but it is a lot to me :) I plan on paying off my car loan (about $1500) after my next paycheck before the end of the year, and will also make a large IRA contribution when I do taxes in January. To celebrate I bought my kitchen pretty, new (not from the thrift store, imagine THAT) dish towels :laff: I will probably also be purchasing some more tools for my studio but right now I am going to relish looking at my deposit slip a little while longer!

yaya for you! I miss the days from earlier on this site when people would post their financial progress.

freshstart
12-15-15, 5:39pm
I think that's a lot and you did great, congratulations! You must be a jewelry-making machine and you've obviously found your market, all good.

JaneV2.0
12-15-15, 6:07pm
Congratulations! Gotta love those financial milestones.

rodeosweetheart
12-15-15, 7:16pm
Damn, you go, girl!!!!

herbgeek
12-15-15, 8:02pm
That is awesome-glad for you!

TVRodriguez
12-15-15, 10:29pm
Woohoo! Very exciting. Keep on trucking. . .

Gardenarian
12-15-15, 10:40pm
Excellent!

SteveinMN
12-16-15, 10:17am
Woot!

jp1
12-16-15, 10:25pm
Congratulations! As the old saying goes, "don't spend it all in one place." ;)

Williamsmith
12-17-15, 1:32am
The fed just raised interest rates .......you should get a few more pennies of interest soon...

merince
12-17-15, 8:56am
Awesome! Btw, don't you have 33 cents laying around?

SteveinMN
12-17-15, 11:02am
The fed just raised interest rates .......you should get a few more pennies of interest soon...
Heh. Within a few hours of the Fed's announcement, both US Bank and Wells Fargo raised their loan rates -- but not their savings rates.

So glad I can bank at a credit union....