PDA

View Full Version : credit score going up

Zoe Girl
4-1-16, 2:49pm
Yeah, I have been paying a small amount to get my credit score on a regular basis as I work my way out of the foreclosure and resulting bankruptcy. I am super excited to see I am in the 'good' category (a year ago I was in 'fair") months before my BK is paid off. I am not looking to get credit anytime soon again, but for renting in a tough market this helps a LOT.

This is actually giving me some more energy to work with my finances. I am spending some Spring Break time totaling my last couple months of expenses for tracking. This month was okay but had some birthday gifts for my son and others, plus my last job coaching bill. Now my son is responsible for a couple bills that totals his rental amount.

lessisbest
4-3-16, 5:07am
When you rent, be sure to pay it before it's due each month and get a statement from the person you rented from that you did just that when/if you ever move. That statement of payments can go a long way to securing your next place. If you've ever listened to Dave Ramsey about getting out of debt, that's what he suggests. You can find out more here: http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

Birdie
4-3-16, 6:05am
Zoe girl, Credit Karma is a good way to get a free credit score every month. They email monthly and also if there are changes to your credit.