PDA

View Full Version : Sold a couple of my old cars, buying a new truck

dmc
4-18-11, 8:14am
I plan on buying a new diesel truck to pull my travel trailer with. Since I am running out of room to put everything, I have 6 vehicles, a travel trailer,and a large mower. I'm having a building built to store the travel trailer and new truck, but only big enough for those two and the mower.

So to make more room in my other garages I sold three of my old Porsche's. I was amazed at the amount of calls from all over the country, even a couple of calls from overseas. Sold them all in less than 24 hours, well I havn't been paid in full yet, but I have deposits. Ive had these for 6-10 years and they all sold for much more than I paid. But I found that I didn't drive them much do to the fact that they didn't have A/C.

I'll sell my Chevy Avalanche to a friend of mine when I get the diesel. So I'll be down to one Porsche, the wifes Mercury hybrid, and a truck. It will be the first time in years that I havn't had a classic sports car of some sort.

I think I'll start looking into a vintage motorcycle. :)

iris lily
4-18-11, 9:33am
... It will be the first time in years that I havn't had a classic sports car of some sort.

:(

But that is cool that you sold them so quickly.

Spartana
4-20-11, 12:38pm
I have 6 vehicles, a travel trailer,and a large mower. I'm having a building built to store the travel trailer and new truck, but only big enough for those two and the mower.

Oh my! As a pretty hardcore minimalist you make my head spin with all your stuff :laff:! Getting rid of it and downsizing will make you feel much better I think - even if you miss the hobby cars. You'll have less stuff to care for and more free time (and moolah too!!) to really devote yourself to your new classic (Indian??) motorcycle! And if you're in the mood to buy another fine sports car, well I have a 2002 Hyundai Accent that is for sale and is a true classic !Splat!!