PDA

View Full Version : So, a nutty English man

IshbelRobertson
6-21-16, 1:44pm
Tried to kill Mr Trump?

Alan
6-21-16, 1:48pm
I think the term 'nutty' is right. He apparently planned it for a year, travelled cross-country and acquired tickets to several events in the hope that he could steal a weapon from a police officer and use it to shoot Trump.

I'm glad they're reporting on it in the UK because there's been precious little mention of it in the US.

Gregg
6-21-16, 2:05pm
I can't shake the feeling that this might not be the last attempt on the life of a major party candidate in 2016 given the levels of vitriol and division in the race.

Teacher Terry
6-21-16, 2:06pm
Never even heard about it. So sad.

LDAHL
6-21-16, 2:53pm
There was a piece on CNN about it. They don't say what his beef was, although they did say he was in the country illegally.

ToomuchStuff
6-21-16, 2:58pm
I didn't click on the links, but what I saw, made me think it was an American Teenager.

IshbelRobertson
6-21-16, 5:24pm
I think the term 'nutty' is right. He apparently planned it for a year, travelled cross-country and acquired tickets to several events in the hope that he could steal a weapon from a police officer and use it to shoot Trump.

I'm glad they're reporting on it in the UK because there's been precious little mention of it in the US.

You know the good ol' BBC....!

It hasn't had much publicity in the US.... Your media ain't all that, then!

Alan
6-21-16, 6:05pm
You know the good ol' BBC....!

It hasn't had much publicity in the US.... Your media ain't all that, then!
Well, he's an illegal alien and Donald Trump was his target, which doesn't serve the preferred narrative. If it had been an American citizen targeting Secretary Clinton or Senator Sanders, now that would be news.

jp1
6-21-16, 9:04pm
I guess that wall is going to have to stretch along our eastern border as well since apparently england is sending us their rapists and murderers. Just like mexico. I wonder if he'll make england pay for that part of it.

IshbelRobertson
6-22-16, 5:11am
Interestingly, it appears he is on the spectrum and his parents claim to have telephoned the US embassy in London to tell them about their son. The response was to decline to do anything as he was an adult.

You couldn't make it up!

ToomuchStuff
6-23-16, 10:15am
Interestingly, it appears he is on the spectrum and his parents claim to have telephoned the US embassy in London to tell them about their son. The response was to decline to do anything as he was an adult.

You couldn't make it up!

What spectrum? (mental illness, Asperger, etc)
Wondering how did he get in this country? What was surprising about not doing any punishment before the crime? It did apparently raise awareness of him, as he was caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61hzuGGJX0

IshbelRobertson
6-23-16, 10:24am
The Autistic Spectrum, according to news reports.

How he got into the US should be a matter of investigation by your authorities. I presume he may have entered on a holiday and overstayed?