PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Extravanganza Event ideas

Merski
4-22-11, 8:00am
Does anyone have any cool ideas/recipes? I love to bake. I posted this and somehow the little gremlin disappeared! Love to make something unusual....

Merski
4-28-11, 11:31am
I'm trying out an espresso chocolate angel food cake as an entry. Thought a lighter cake might be appreciated. Poor DH has to taste test it. Heehee!

Gina
4-28-11, 12:20pm
It's not baked per se, but one of my favorite chocolate confections is chocolate mousse. The stuff made with real cream.

Yum. http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=141&d=1294381296

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/assets/recipe_images/Irish_Cream_Chocolate_Mousse.jpg

Maxamillion
4-28-11, 4:33pm
At an event I was at one time, someone had made mice out of chocolate hershey's kisses (the head), chocolate-covered maraschino cherries (the body, and the stem was the tail), and almond slices for the ears, and little eyes painted on with frosting. A bit time consuming to make but when I've made them, people have loved them.

WorldFoodie
4-29-11, 5:00am
I have eaten this, good and rich, but not personally made it. Chocolate Stout cake:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Stout-Cake-107105

fidgiegirl
4-29-11, 7:13am
We love to experiment with using different chocolates in s'more in campfire season. Our fave so far is to use the Ghiradelli squares. They are just the right thickness for meltiness. We love the ones with the peanut butter in the middle for our s'mores, or dark ones.

Merski
4-29-11, 7:15am
The angel food espresso cake did not get good reviews...tasters thought it had a bitter undertone and boy is angel food cake rubbery in texture! Mmmmmm chocolate stout cake looks interesting.... Also saw a chocolate ginger cookie recipe I thought I'd try. Thank you all for your suggestions!

Rosemary
4-29-11, 7:16am
flourless chocolate cake with a little chipotle chile powder. I made this for a friend's birthday last year and it got rave reviews.

Kat
4-29-11, 9:12am
DH likes chocolate brownies with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting. Too much chocolate for me! I did make a chocolate cak with chocolate chips and a chocolate glaze last Mother's Day for my mom--that was super rich, too.

Truffles are always good, too!

Stella
4-29-11, 10:57am
I like chocolate tart.

JaneV2.0
4-29-11, 10:29pm
I used to make fudge. My favorite concoctions were dark chocolate with cherries, dark chocolate with orange peel, and milk chocolate with raisins and macadamias.

RCWRTR
4-29-11, 11:32pm
Does anyone have any cool ideas/recipes? I love to bake. I posted this and somehow the little gremlin disappeared! Love to make something unusual....

How about Kahlua Chocolate Chip Cake? Make a box Devil's Food cake, but substitute strong brewed coffee for water, add 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter and prick warm baked cake with fork, then drizzle with 2 shots of Kahlua liqueur. You can top this cake with a dusting of confectioner's sugar (especially pretty if you sift confectioner's sugar over paper doily to make a pretty design on the top of the cake) or your favorite cream cheese, buttercream or chocolate buttercream frosting.

Merski
5-1-11, 12:47pm
Worldfoodie, the double chocolate stout cake is in the oven as i write. Fingers crossed!

Merski
5-1-11, 2:50pm
Cake was yummy! Will most likely serve as one layer. Drizzle top heavily with a hard white icing and then drizzle finely with chocolate. This cake looks like black, moist soil!

fidgiegirl
5-1-11, 2:53pm
I am going to make this recipe this afternoon to use up some Ibarra chocolate that I've had hanging around for a long time. Will let you know how it turns out!!

http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/2010/11/mexican-hot-chocolate-abuelita-bundt.html

WorldFoodie
5-3-11, 1:06am
Merski-
Glad to hear you liked it. The person who made the one I ate had triple layers, and yes it was moist, good, different and yummy. As I recall, it had a thin simple frosting.

Tenngal
5-3-11, 6:37pm
chocolate cheesecake or Mississippi Mud Cake!

pamlstano
5-26-11, 12:19am
Yesterday, I have made chocolate fudge cake first time. I have also captured photos of this fudge cake. Decoration work also be bang on. Hope i will show out those photos at this place as soon as possible.