PDA

View Full Version : Ma'at The Eleven Laws Of God

Xmac
4-24-11, 9:17pm
Ma'at translated is "what is".

0. Law of Amen (Amen Ra) You were created in the likeness of a peace which cannot be disturbed. Regain your original state of peace to attain to your reason for coming into existence--the enjoyment of life.

1. Law of Ausar (Osiris) Your nature is an unconquerable peace. Therefore, nothing and no one in the world can be against you. All experiences come to you to promote your reclamation of peace, that you may in turn acquire wisdom and power.

2. Law of Tehuti (Toth)
When your thoughts, feelings and actions reflect the Word of God then the power of God’s spirit and a peace that nothing can challenge will flow through your being.
`
3. Law of Sekher (Sokar) When the emotions of Man manifest in response to the Word of God they have the power to influence any and all events in the world.

4. Law of Ma’at (Ma’at) God needs you in order to come into the world. Fulfilling God’s need is the highest act of love and only through your love for God can you fulfill your love for others. Become God’s love in the world for the protection of the world.

5. Law of Herukhutt (Horus the Elder) Know that God neither punishes nor rewards nor protects. You will have the comfort of controlling these for yourself.

6. Law of Heru (Horus) You have the power but not the right to ignore God’s law. Choose to follow God’s law with the love and joy that comes from understanding and the wisdom and power of God’s spirit will flow through your being.

7. Law of Het-Heru (Hathor) It is not what you imagine but who is imagining. Are you a human or a divine being?

8. Law of Sebek (Anubis) It’s not what you think or affirm. It’s who is thinking or affirming. Are you a human or divine being?

9. Law of Auset (Isis) Prepare to sacrifice everything to become the vessel of God on earth and you will, in turn, receive everything.

10. Law of Geb (Geb) Know that from heaven you came and to heaven you will return; seek not enduring works on earth

fidgiegirl
4-24-11, 9:53pm
What tradition is this from?

I like 4 a lot. It is our divine duty to be ourselves!

JaneV2.0
4-24-11, 10:41pm
Those are ancient Egyptian gods--religious tenets are the same wherever you go, it seems.

bae
4-25-11, 12:40am
Which Egyptian texts are those from?

JaneV2.0
4-25-11, 11:10am
Good question--Snopes, anyone? :)

Xmac
4-25-11, 11:10am
I know this sounds a bit like me but it's not, it's from the pdf about the laws:

Ma'at is the Kemetic god-principle that represents law, order and love. It is interesting that they put law and love together in the same principle because in their philosophical view law was not about force and punishment. Instead it is/was the natural outcome of love which is, in the words of Ra Un Nefer Amen, the expression of our oneness with each other and with God.
Unlike the 10 Commandments the 11 laws of God are not a finite list of Do’s and Don’ts. Instead, they are principles which the Creator set in motion so we can live a victorious life if we live by them.
Western culture has programmed us to go from pleasure to pain, pleasure to pain according to circumstances outside our control. We seek to maximize the circumstances that bring us pleasure and minimize the ones that bring us pain.
Kemetic spirituality teaches us that many of the emotions we experience are programmed reactions to circumstances. The Creator has given us the tools to deprogram and reprogram our reactions so we can instead respond in a way that is conducive to our spiritual, emotional, mental and physical health. We go from pleasure to peace to pleasure to peace. Isn't faith enough to do all this? Don't be afraid to be honest. We know many people who believe very strongly that God has provided all their needs and yet they have no lasting joy or self control because they are constantly waylaid by emotional ups and downs so we must learn to rise above emotions. The Kemau recognized the Self as the true individual with the personality as the part of our makeup which houses our emotions and can be programmed. Society has already programmed us through the media to be "conformed to this world." Isn't it time for us to start programming ourselves to be "transformed by the renewing of our minds?"

bae
4-25-11, 1:44pm
Which Egyptian texts are those from?

Or is this of some more modern origin?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_8bdYFKk3OW4/TbWypziYudI/AAAAAAAACrE/BvHOWCFuZiM/s640/%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

There is a lovely painting of Ma'at on the ceiling of that tomb, but the lighting was too fragile to capture it. Note carefully that Ma'at had a significant role involving scales, a feather, and a hungry heart-devouring god by the name of Ammit...

I wonder what the 42 Assessors of Ma'at would have to say about the text you present, and its author?

Xmac
4-25-11, 9:07pm
For me, it's not important who said it. If it's spiritually significant for me, I'm interested.

bae
4-25-11, 9:18pm
For me, it's not important who said it. If it's spiritually significant for me, I'm interested.

It just seems so odd to me to dress up one's ideas in the trappings of another culture's beliefs. Not very respectful to the culture being used as the putative source.

I suppose it sells better that way though.

Xmac
4-26-11, 12:12pm
It just seems so odd to me to dress up one's ideas in the trappings of another culture's beliefs.
Not sure what you mean by "dress up.....in the trappings of".
I appreciate the diverse attempts to express the infinite and this seemed to me to capture a bit of that essence, ergo it is consonant with all else that inspires me.

Not very respectful to the culture being used as the putative source.
I'm very curious about this one. Is there disrespect in the sharing, and free exchange of, the spiritual concepts contained herein? Aren't the purveyors of all religious texts and/or belief systems in favor of the dispensation of such? If not, what motivates the original communication of these concepts? Do you see that culture as having been wronged?

I suppose it sells better that way though.
Interesting, the figurative language you gravitate towards.
I find the most inspiring wisdom doesn't need to be sold, it's like a gift that humanity willingly circulates within itself: One is moved by it, so one moves it, or passes it on to the next. Isn't that a large component of what these boards are about?

bae
4-26-11, 12:17pm
So, it's modern material dressed up in a faux-Egyptian theme then? Thanks!

Xmac
4-26-11, 12:25pm
So, it's modern material dressed up in a faux-Egyptian theme then? Thanks!

In rereading the thread I realized the difficulty you have is with the commentary about the 11 principles, not the principles themselves.

To each his own, I suppose.

mattj
4-28-11, 11:45am
I'm slowly starting to learn that trying to have cogent arguments about things branded as spiritual is about as satisfying as jello wrestling without a bikini clad opponent and the predictable bare breasts. As a former postmodernist myself I feel obliged to appologize on general principles.

Xmac
4-28-11, 1:30pm
I'm slowly starting to learn that trying to have cogent arguments about things branded as spiritual is about as satisfying as jello wrestling without a bikini clad opponent and the predictable bare breasts. As a former postmodernist myself I feel obliged to appologize on general principles.

To quote my favorite author, "logic is fine unless you want the truth".

Dharma Bum
4-28-11, 1:52pm
trying to have cogent arguments about things branded as spiritual is about as satisfying as jello wrestling without a bikini clad opponent and the predictable bare breasts.

I wish.