PDA

View Full Version : VP Debate

LDAHL
10-5-16, 8:43am
While VP debates are probably about as meaningful as preseason baseball or the Social Security Trust Fund, I have to say I thought Pence did a better job of selling Trump than Trump has managed to do thus far. Kaine seemed to have been assigned the attack dog role, in which he didn't seem terribly comfortable.

CathyA
10-5-16, 8:59am
Since I have Trump for a governor I know that he's mostly just bullshit and I'm not sure I've ever heard him answer a question that was asked. I thought it was very unfortunate that Kaine interrupted and over- talked so much. I actually think his behavior hurt Hillary.

catherine
10-5-16, 9:05am
I agree. I fell asleep during it actually, but I think I was mentally just trying to escape Kaine's yapping. I agree that Pence seemed very calm and reasoned and "vice-presidential." Just too bad I don't like his reasoning. Dress him up like a Democrat and I could even wish Hillary had picked him instead of Kaine.

They said that the moderator lost control of the debate and missed opportunities to get some great information. As a moderator myself, I can understand those criticisms. It's hard when to know when you need to stay on script vs follow the fox down the rabbit hole. Apparently, she didn't do a good job at that, according to the critics.

Ultralight
10-5-16, 9:06am
Since I have Trump for a governor I know that he's mostly just bullshit and I'm not sure I've ever heard him answer a question that was asked. I thought it was very unfortunate that Kaine interrupted and over- talked so much. I actually think his behavior hurt Hillary.

Gov. Trump?

CathyA
10-5-16, 10:42am
Gov. Trump?
Oops..... I meant Pence!

CathyA
10-5-16, 10:47am
I agree. I fell asleep during it actually, but I think I was mentally just trying to escape Kaine's yapping. I agree that Pence seemed very calm and reasoned and "vice-presidential." Just too bad I don't like his reasoning. Dress him up like a Democrat and I could even wish Hillary had picked him instead of Kaine.

They said that the moderator lost control of the debate and missed opportunities to get some great information. As a moderator myself, I can understand those criticisms. It's hard when to know when you need to stay on script vs follow the fox down the rabbit hole. Apparently, she didn't do a good job at that, according to the critics.

I kept yelling "just tell them to SHUT UP!!!! " See..... They really do need shock collars! I had to turn it off half way through. I just couldn't stand it any more. Why do so many politicians do that??

catherine
10-5-16, 10:54am
I kept yelling "just tell them to SHUT UP!!!! "

haha! My DH actually repeatedly yelled at the TV "SHUT UP!!" Between him and Kaine, it was driving me crazy. I finally had to yell at DH to SHUT UP!

flowerseverywhere
10-5-16, 11:07am
Pence, whom I don't like, did great. If only the Donald he talked about was the one actually running.