PDA

View Full Version : Geotagging

19Sandy
10-11-16, 4:46pm
Some celebs were on a show today talking about geotagging. I don't do much social media and don't have a tricked-out smartphone, but apparently, when you travel to new locations, it geotags you. So, if you go to a friends house or across the country, people can find out where you are. This is of course dangerous for celebs who have stalkers (and maybe for some other people too). I guess that there is a way to turn off the system or such but it is scary to think that anyone can find you with this method.

Tammy
10-11-16, 10:11pm
All of this can be controlled simply by managing the security settings on your individual phone.

jp1
10-11-16, 10:31pm
All of this can be controlled simply by managing the security settings on your individual phone.

Yes, along with adjusting the settings on what apps can access my phone's camera and microphone this is one of the first things I adjusted when I got it. I have no desire for people to be able to "follow" my location.

ToomuchStuff
10-12-16, 12:29am
I just replaced my 7 year old cell phone. I believe it was the last model that didn't have GPS capability. Now, they have GPS info that can be accessed by LEO's and potentially hackers, as well as the GPS capabilities in apps, photo tagging, etc. I know that there is certainly safety issues for the celeb's I have known, as well as some women that I've known and know have been stalked.