PDA

View Full Version : The Media during the last days of this political circus

iris lilies
11-9-16, 10:17am
There are so many things to talk about. I dont watch tv new but we have the radio on all the time around here, so I get a fair amount of news.

Yesterday I was listening to the leftie NPR and the announcer could not contain his shock at the eroding Hillary victory in his announcng. He would say things like "This is so disappointing" ...and then would catch himself and add: "for the Clinton campaign." Or he would say "wow, those numbers show things are going downhill..." in a sad, voice, and then would add "for Hillary supporters."

They are ridiculous.

ToomuchStuff
11-9-16, 10:27am
In the end it only provides job security for both media sides.

LDAHL
11-9-16, 10:31am
In fairness, even the Fox News guys seemed shocked. Paul Krugman's blog is positively hysterical.

I listened to a public radio call-in show on the drive in this morning, and it sounded like a grief support group.

Me, I try to look at the bright side. Lena Dunham promised to inflict herself on Canada if Trump won, and I think we should hold her to it.

People may save a lot of money on polling in the future. Magic Eight Balls are much cheaper and just as accurate.

Hillary's speaking engagements are about to become a lot more affordable.

Half the Supreme Court will be putting renewed emphasis on maintaining their health.

iris lilies
11-9-16, 10:35am
In fairness, even the Fox News guys seemed shocked. Paul Krugman's blog is positively hysterical.

I listened to a public radio call-in show on the drive in this morning, and it sounded like a grief support group.

Me, I try to look at the bright side. Lena Dunham promised to inflict herself on Canada if Trump won, and I think we should hold her to it.

People may save a lot of money on polling in the future. Magic Eight Balls are much cheaper and just as accurate.

Hillary's speaking engagements are about to become a lot more affordable.

Half the Supreme Court will be putting renewed emphasis on maintaining their health.

editor French of National Review has already done the right thing and congratulated Trump, wishing him well.

DH said he is investing today in Moving company stock. If we all chip in, we can pay for Dunham to leave. She is a peculiar version of annoying and yes, I do watch her tv show, any more for a kind of hate-watch.

edited to make more sense.

ctg492
11-9-16, 10:36am
I gave up on the media a long time ago, yes job security for many is what this all was.

razz
11-9-16, 12:28pm
Media only have impact if someone watches and believes anything or everything that media has generated.

freshstart
11-11-16, 7:36pm
my gut reaction to all this has been to go on a news fast, taking my head out of the sand every day for a quick peek (usually via the BBC), there's only so much posturing you can take.