PDA

View Full Version : TLC Extreme Couponi Shows

19Sandy
12-5-16, 7:06pm
I am surprised that TLC is showing those old Extreme Coupon Shows. Several years ago, stores had coupons but now at least in my area - there are rarely paper coupons. You have to get cards to have the coupons and I have learned that the cards often don't work. I used to use paper coupons many years ago and saved a lot of money but was never able to use some of the techniques from this show. For instance, no cash back, and stores had limits. I also have worked in stores, and know they have policies about coupons. Also, I don't subscribe to our local paper anymore because there are no coupons and I see the online version or listen to the radio. If there are online coupons, then you need a printer along with downloading software. I can't download and print coupons at the library because the software is blocked. But, when you consider the cost of paper and ink, most people aren't saving much IMO. I think these old shows are not helping anyone now unless maybe big cities have paper coupons.

pony mom
12-5-16, 8:32pm
Many of those people stockpile so many things that many of them probably go bad before they can use them. However, some will donate to a food pantry.

A lot of coupons that I see now require you to purchase two items, when most times we only need one.

19Sandy
12-5-16, 8:48pm
I know I didn't stick that i on the end of coupon.

Yes, I saw people with hundreds of boxes of cereal that won't keep.

I like it when it is donated.

But, I just don't know how people get paper coupons anymore.