PDA

View Full Version : Quebec City Mosque...

Ultralight
1-30-17, 6:22am
There has apparently been a horrible act of terrorism in Canada. Deeply saddening...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/01/30/quebec-canada-mosque-attack-terrorism/97233660/

I grow more concerned that an all-out religious war could be brewing. This is quite distressing...

bae
1-30-17, 11:16am
I suppose that's why Canada prefers to admit women & children as refugees, and not single males of military age.

leslieann
1-30-17, 11:45am
Yes, that focus on families rather than young males is a point where Canada could easily be criticized. I am not sure that's relevant to this case as details are not yet available. Left-wing romanticizing of Canada ignores the struggles that have been going on about hijab and other cultural accommodations. All of Quebec isn't thrilled with multiculturalism. It isn't pretty. That said, I'm a left leaning ex pat living in the Maritimes.

Teacher Terry
1-30-17, 1:54pm
I read that most refugees coming into the US from Syria are women and children and few men of military age.

bae
1-30-17, 3:10pm
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/syria-militants-quebec-terrorism-hostages-1.3885740

Ooops.

JaneV2.0
1-30-17, 3:29pm
True Believers of any stripe can be very dangerous: Timothy McVeigh, Scott Roeder, Ted Kaczinski, and this latest pair. It remains to be seen what the hell they thought they were doing...

JaneV2.0
2-2-17, 8:40pm
True Believers of any stripe can be very dangerous: Timothy McVeigh, Scott Roeder, Ted Kaczinski, and this latest pair. It remains to be seen what the hell they thought they were doing...

Turns out this "latest pair" was a lone French Canadian Trump admirer. So it was a hate crime, much like Dylann Roof's. Funny how those atrocities disappear in a flash. I wonder if the gendarmes took him out for poutine on the way to the station.

creaker
2-2-17, 9:42pm
Turns out this "latest pair" was a lone French Canadian Trump admirer. So it was a hate crime, much like Dylann Roof's. Funny how those atrocities disappear in a flash. I wonder if the gendarmes took him out for poutine on the way to the station.

I noticed this quickly morphed from "terrorist attack" to "lone wolf" in the eyes of CNN when they found out who actually did it.

Ultralight
2-3-17, 6:00am
I noticed this quickly morphed from "terrorist attack" to "lone wolf" in the eyes of CNN when they found out who actually did it.

It was a terrorist attack. No doubt about that.

danna
2-3-17, 9:20am
I don't understand your point Bae. Does that story make it okay that two men shoot and killed six people and
seriously wounded others okay. Is shooting people in the back while they pray ever okay?
Just asking?

razz
2-3-17, 12:50pm
It was a lone wolf nutcase shooting innocent people at prayer. Let us not make it into more than that.

Danna, while I know that Bae can speak for himself, I don't understand your question tying his link showing that radicals can grow anywhere even Canada with its emphasis on immigrant families to expressing an OK for shooting the innocent. Your post makes no sense.

bae
2-3-17, 12:53pm
I don't understand your point Bae. Does that story make it okay that two men shoot and killed six people and
seriously wounded others okay. Is shooting people in the back while they pray ever okay?
Just asking?

Not sure where you're getting this from.

creaker
2-3-17, 1:00pm
It was a lone wolf nutcase shooting innocent people at prayer. Let us not make it into more than that.

Isn't that how a lot of this is shaped by the media - people "radicalized" by whatever sources are out there into taking action? Then why make more out of it for any shootings carried out by individuals?

freshstart
2-3-17, 7:55pm
a nearby synagogue offered their space for the Muslims to worship