PDA

View Full Version : Kate's colors?

mattj
4-28-11, 5:54pm
My wife is watching the royal wedding tomorrow. I'm getting scones and want to get her a corsage too. What are Kate's colors?

bke
4-28-11, 6:24pm
I don't have an answer for you but I think you're very sweet to do such a thing for your wife.

IshbelRobertson
4-28-11, 6:28pm
The middleton family have recently had a coat of arms designed - it's very, very twee, but the colours should be online somewhere!

iris lily
4-28-11, 8:31pm
I am guessing that she is not so tacky as to have "colours" but your gesture is very very wonderful. What were the colours of the Princess of Wales' wedding? I do not know unless it was pink, the color of the ribbon around the bridemaid's waists.

Oh I DO have a royal wedding story, and was reminded of it from something I heard tonight on Entertainment Tonight about the bridesmaid from Diana's wedding who sold her dress and was castigated for it.Diana's brother, Earl Spencer, bought it.

Well, would you believe that that sale took place in St. Louis?!!! yes! I was at Selkirk's auction house to see the bridesmaid's dress. I took the day off form work to view it. They didn't have it behind glass, it was just out there on a dress form.I hoped to snag a stray thread but there weren't any. :( ANYWAY, I thought it was the coolest thing to be that close to a bridesmaid's dress from the Wedding of the century, and when the bidding came up there were phone in bids. It was a secret who bought the dress. I actually had never heard that it was Earl Spencer until today.

Now this shows how ridiculously Anglo-centered I am: The auction house was packed. I thought it was very exciting that so many people were there for the bridesmaid's dress which was scheduled to sell in the middle of the afternoon. I wondered around the place looking at the stuff for sale only vaguely paying attention to the current auction. Well, after one particular sale, 9/10 of the room cleared out. Hardly anyone was left. I asked one remaining guy were everyone went and he said that they had all been hanging around for the sale of a baseball. doh.

If I remember correctly, no one in the room actually bid on the bridemaid's dress, it was all phone bids.

At that time Selkirk's auction house was associated with one of the worldwide auction houses and it specialized in vintage couture clothing, hence, the bridesmaid dress' presence in St. Louis.

mtnlaurel
4-29-11, 10:46am
Mattj --- You are a SuperStar hubby!!!!! :+1:

My top hat off you my man!

What a kind, loving gesture.