PDA

View Full Version : Worlds biggest baked potato

19Sandy
3-12-17, 7:08pm
I had a craving for a baked potato with my chicken today. So the store had 3 loose potatoes in plastic wrap. Two were shriveled and one was the biggest potato I have ever seen. I took off the plastic wrap and put it in a huge piece of foil and it took forever to bake, but it is tasty. It almost covers an entire plate! Probably 4 servings. I might end up with leftovers. I didn't want to buy a 10 pound bag of potatoes though. I keep looking for a small microwave on sale or clearance but haven't bought one yet.

Float On
3-13-17, 10:29am
I never use the microwave, if we were closer I'd give you mine.
That is one huge potato. Apparently we quit eating as many white potatoes (red and yellow included) because I went to make hashbrowns on Saturday and discovered 3 5lb bags of various potatoes in the potato cabinet that had never been opened but had all sprouted. We do eat the sweet potatoes I buy but I need to just delete "5lb bag potatoes" off my printable shopping list.

beckyliz
3-17-17, 5:15pm
There's a restaurant chain around here called McAlister's Deli https://www.mcalistersdeli.com/

They serve some really, really large baked potatoes. I wonder where they get them.