PDA

View Full Version : Lost track of money this month

Zoe Girl
7-12-17, 8:50am
It hasn't happened in a long time but I have been getting ready for my camping trip , buying a lot of more expensive food ahead of time, had a few extra expenses and the balance is much lower than expected. I do have all the bills paid up, but am nervous about unexpected expenses while I am traveling because I don't have a credit card. Part of this was just having a social life for a change, driving farther to see people and spending a little, but not a large amount, on things with them. A big one was replacing my dying chrome book with a tablet.

So I have not had 2 weeks off in a very long time, barely one week in the last decade. I am taking some money out of savings and enjoying this, then planning on frugal August and September. I am still not sure what to plan on since I already purchased the food, or if I can go to my bank and get a small credit card in the next couple days so I feel better.. (my savings are in a credit union and not in my bank with my checking so I can't do a transfer)

SiouzQ.
7-12-17, 4:23pm
Congrats on your vacation! Are you a member of AAA Auto Club by any chance?> I used to get a pre-paid credit card from them and load it up with money ( usually around $600 for three weeks) specifically for my road trips so I didn't have to carry so much cash and have the mental anguish of running up my credit card and having to pay it back when I got home. It was very convenient since no one uses traveler's checks any more. Where are you going camping?

SteveinMN
7-12-17, 6:02pm
Why not get the credit card from the credit union where your savings are? If you choose to get one at all, that is.

Zoe Girl
7-12-17, 10:03pm
Thanks guys, I will call the credit union tomorrow and see about that.

I am going near Ward Colorado, above Boulder. I have been hiking there 30 years on and off. Then meeting a friend in Dinosaur Colorado.we are camping and hiking a few more days

Float On
7-13-17, 12:04pm
Sounds like a great trip Zoe Girl - enjoy your time and recharge!