PDA

View Full Version : Food Frugality

melissalw
5-3-11, 3:28pm
I had a very exciting success while I was off these forums this spring. I sold my first article! I'm sure most of us already know/use many of the tips I used for bringing down my food bill, but if you want to give it a look, here it is:

http://www.shareable.net/blog/eating-rich-living-poor-diy-cooking-by-necessity

HappyHiker
5-3-11, 5:13pm
What a beautifully written and informative article. I like how you wove the personal with the physical with the food and cooking and family. A rich tapestry. Enjoyed reading it immensely!!

WorldFoodie
5-3-11, 6:00pm
Nice - inspirational, motivating, well written. Thanks for the post.

rosarugosa
5-3-11, 8:36pm
Great article Melissa. You should be proud!

loosechickens
5-3-11, 10:33pm
NICE!!!....Very nice.....congratulations.....good stuff, too.

Tiam
5-4-11, 1:36am
Great story. I'm glad I read it.

lhamo
5-4-11, 5:59am
Your writing is really evocative -- great piece! And great journey to better health/balance. I found it incredibly inspirational as I am currently trying (strugglign?) to make changes in my own life for health/sustainability reasons.

lhamo

Float On
5-4-11, 7:44am
Beautifully written and congrats on being published!

Kat
5-4-11, 8:03am
Awesome! Congratulations! :-)

madgeylou
5-4-11, 9:56am
what a great article! i really enjoyed reading it! congrats, melissa, you done good :)

Selah
5-4-11, 12:28pm
Thanks, Melissa, and congratulations! I can sympathize with the massive adjustment it takes to go gluten-free. My husband and I made the switch about five years ago and will NEVER go back to eating wheat. Once he got off gluten, he finds he's even more sensitive to it now, and can't even have a crumb of it without breaking out with mouth sores, reflux, and arthritis flareups. We have found that to save money on gluten-free products, we stick to only a few special products we really like...pizza dough mix, Bisquick gluten-free mix, Bob's Red Mill bread mix, and on occasions that we entertain, a Betty Crocker mix for brownies or cake for dessert. I also noticed that I am much more able to tolerate dairy now that I'm gluten-free, so at least there's that one small consolation. Good job!

melissalw
5-9-11, 3:28pm
I just wanted to thank everyone for leaving such nice comments! I'm really incredibly pleased with how this piece came out, so it is good to know that others enjoyed it as well. Thank you, everyone!

AnneM
5-9-11, 10:47pm
Great article! Congratulations!