PDA

View Full Version : so excited!

porcelain
5-5-11, 11:32am
For the first time in my LIFE, I have a positive net worth!

I've been living below my means, paying debt off, and saving for a little over a year now. I have a long way to go before my debt is paid off, but I've finally gotten to the point where my 401k investments and savings are higher than my debt amount :) I hope to have my debt paid off completely in the next 1.5 - 2 years. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter...for those of you out there struggling, there is hope.

kally
5-5-11, 11:36am
well that is a fine thing. Carry on carrying on.

Reyes
5-5-11, 12:16pm
That is great news!

Float On
5-5-11, 12:30pm
Congratulations!

loosechickens
5-5-11, 1:47pm
WOW......that really IS an accomplishment, and you have every right to be proud......you know now that you are not only heading in the right direction, but results are apparent. Good for you!!!!!

catherine
5-5-11, 2:12pm
Boy, being in the black makes all the difference, even if you do have debt. I have a huge debt burden I'm working on, but my one consolation is knowing that if I sold all my assets, I'd be free and clear. I wouldn't have much money (like, around 20k), but at least it's my choice as to whether or not I want to keep the assets AND the work at the debt over the next five years, or get rid of both. Having that choice makes a big difference.

bke
5-5-11, 4:30pm
You know, I've never thought about it that way but I'm in the same boat. It's gonna take a couple more years to pay everything off but if I sold it all tomorrow there would be still be enough money to live (frugally of course) for several years job-free!

Congrats to you Porcelain and Catherine! Thanks for sharing-you made my day!

Bugeah
5-5-11, 11:59pm
Yay! That is awesome! Good work!

fidgiegirl
5-6-11, 8:13am
SUCH a good feeling!!! Well done!

jennipurrr
5-6-11, 10:18pm
Congratulations! I remember the excitement of when we turned the positive corner...I know you will never look back!

TVRodriguez
5-9-11, 10:37am
Awesome!!! I remember seeing the networth number go from negative to positive, and it is SUCH a grand feeling. And kudos to you for getting there after only a year!! That's phenomenal. You are a great inspiration!

Selah
5-10-11, 10:53am
Congratulations! We finally got debt-free-except-for-the-house and the peace of mind is SO worth all the hassle it is to get out of debt. I am NOT interested in going into debt EVER AGAIN! We are still keeping to our very frugal ways, which feel completely natural now, so it's not like we went "oh! Now that we're debt free, we can stop "depriving" ourselves of things." We found that we don't even miss the crap we "gave up"! Liberation!