PDA

View Full Version : Fidget Spinners

CathyA
11-10-17, 8:00am
It's unbelievable how much crap is made and sold.......like these Fidget Spinners. I'm seeing them everywhere in stores. And now supposedly some of them have 300 times the amount of lead in them, that children should receive. I can only shake my head. :(

ToomuchStuff
11-10-17, 9:06am
My understanding is, they were designed for kids with ADD/hyperactive, who couldn't calm themselves. Maybe China figured that lead poisoning would bring these kids down a few notches.>8)

Zoe Girl
11-10-17, 10:49am
I have tons of them in our school, and I actually kind of like them. I hear from some people they are distracted by using them, well that means you are not any type of ADD! For me I find them easy to use and listen to other people or process mentally at the same time. Of course I used to bring cross stitch to high school classes because they didn't move fast enough. I didn't know about the lead and that concerns me, maybe just making sure they were manufactured in the US instead of China or somewhere else.

sweetana3
11-10-17, 12:33pm
Loads of cheap things manufactured in China and other overseas places have lead and other toxic additions. Note the word "cheap". There have been multiple cases over the years of things like kids jewelry, cookware, etc. that had toxic items in it including lead.

bae
11-10-17, 12:47pm
And now supposedly some of them have 300 times the amount of lead in them, that children should receive. I can only shake my head. :(

https://www.snopes.com/fidget-spinners-unsafe-lead/

The Internet is a strange and wonderful place.

LDAHL
11-15-17, 1:44pm
https://www.snopes.com/fidget-spinners-unsafe-lead/

The Internet is a strange and wonderful place.

But vaccines are really dangerous, right?

Who was it who said that a lie can be halfway round the world before the truth can pull its boots on?

CathyA
11-15-17, 8:12pm
It just very unfortunate that it's hard finding real truth these days.

Simplemind
11-15-17, 10:06pm
Everything within an arms reach was a fidget spinner in our house.