PDA

View Full Version : Interesting happening in Las Vegas.....

gimmethesimplelife
5-9-11, 10:40pm
Recently I was in Las Vegas for four nights and something very interesting happened to me while there. I was walking through the MGM Grand and someone handed me a flyer about making $20 for giving your opinion of upcoming CBS pilots. So I went to check it out. At first I had a hard time finding the place as the MGM Grand is huge, not on a human scale at all, but I perservered and found the studio (called Television City if anyone spends any time in Las Vegas and is interested) and found myself giving my opinions of a rookie cop show. For this I did indeed receive $20 cash and a $10 coupon good for the Television City store next door, where I was able to get a CSI coffee cup for paying .81 in sales tax. I was able to repeat the process two days later and watched an upcoming pilot about two broke waitresses that was actually very funny. So this was an interesting way to spend some time in Vegas! Rob

bae
5-9-11, 10:50pm
Last summer I went to Vegas for the first time in years, for a funeral for the husband of my dearest friend.

I played blackjack for a couple of hours, and walked away with $XXXXX profit. I bought myself a new pair of sneakers, and slipped the remainder to the son of the widow for his college fund. First time I'd gambled in decades, but I managed to put myself through school at the blackjack tables in Atlantic City, nice to see it still works. Well worth the time.

I should maybe have splurged on some new socks though, in retrospect.

Other than that, the place scares me. It's so much bigger and busier than it used to be. Lots of nice food though.

H-work
5-9-11, 11:43pm
Oh very neat. I like to do opinion surveys. I did a few at Microsoft and always got to choose any of their software titles for payment, even the big ones like Office. I once got approached at a mall to go in and test coffee. That was fun and I got 3 bags of ground coffee to take home and enjoy.

My husband took me to Vegas when I was pregnant, at the point of the pregnancy when food tastes so good! I remember the pineapple, oh, how good it was. I never gambled but sure ate my share of delicious food there.