PDA

View Full Version : Human Planet

Rosemary
5-14-11, 3:15pm
I am looking at the book, but I see that the miniseries is already out on DVD. This is a BBC production and the book is absolutely amazing - especially for simplicity-minded folks. Each chapter deals with a different human habitat - e.g. desert, arctic, rainforest... with the final one being cities. I expected to scan through the book but am in the middle of reading it cover to cover, and it is fascinating to see the skills that people have developed all over the world as they live a life so different from ours... and to contemplate what it is like to live that kind of life, largely self-sufficient and completely dependent on the natural world.

Rogar
5-15-11, 7:42am
Thanks for the review! It sounds good. I had not heard of this one and added it to my Netflix cue.

catherine
5-15-11, 8:11am
Wow! What a coincidence. My daughter just told me about this series yesterday, and she also said it's amazine.

CathyA
5-15-11, 9:08am
I have "The Planet Earth" DVD series, and its fantastic too. I can't believe what the people who got the footage must have gone through to get it. Really good stuff.