PDA

View Full Version : This is new....something positive for once (regarding the workplace)......

gimmethesimplelife
7-26-18, 3:36pm
It is summer right now and my slow season and though things have been busier than years past at the Convention Center due to corporations figuring out the holding a convention at Summer rates in Phoenix can represent value, it's still slowed down. Hours of many employees have been cut back - what's really amazing to me is that my hours along with two other supervisor's hours have not been cut below 40.

These two others supervisors are very much liked by the Temp Staffing Service so maybe I'm reading more into this than there is? I don't know but is it possible that I am on the "liked" list? This is a new one if so - I'm used to being on the whatever, take this person or leave this person list. Funky stuff and I know my credit union accounts really appreciate being liked as do my stress levels overall. Just interesting to be liked by people who have power over my cash flow.

Not a bad thing at all. Just new. Not complaining here, either, to make this clear. It's just a new experience for me, is all. Rob

jp1
7-26-18, 9:44pm
Congratulations. And based on my impression of you from your posts here, probably well deserved.

rosarugosa
7-27-18, 5:51am
I agree. Good managers tend to appreciate good employees.

Tybee
7-27-18, 8:10am
Nice work, Rob, and enjoy the appreciative workplace!

catherine
7-27-18, 8:34am
Funky stuff and I know my credit union accounts really appreciate being liked as do my stress levels overall. Just interesting to be liked by people who have power over my cash flow.

Let's just say you are working hard and you are providing a valuable service, and you probably come with a pleasant attitude as well that transfers to happy customer experience that transfers to better bottom line. What's not for an employer to like?

Recognize your worth, in all areas of your life. That's what I've always taught my kids--my server son and I were just talking about that (He just got the biggest tip of his career--$130 on a $65 tab and he has no idea what he did "right").

Good for you, Rob. (And good for your own "bottom line"!)

JaneV2.0
7-27-18, 8:57am
There are rewards in life, though they may be few and far between; I'd say this one is well-deserved. You seem kind and fair-minded, and i bet that's been noticed.

Teacher Terry
7-27-18, 11:59am
I am so happy for you Rob! Sounds like your hard work is being recognized.

Tradd
7-27-18, 1:28pm
Nice!

Float On
7-28-18, 12:01am
That's great. You seem to be a hard worker. Nice to see it acknowledged.

ToomuchStuff
7-28-18, 12:03pm
But wait, don't you hate new experiences, and are going to fret about working more then all those poor people who can't?

jp1
7-29-18, 3:31pm
I wondered how long it would take one of Rob’s disagreers to come throw shade on this thread.

Alan
7-29-18, 3:53pm
I wondered how long it would take one of Rob’s disagreers to come throw shade on this thread.Should Rob be off-limits to any and all disagreements or should he be treated as an equal, and sometimes wrong, contributor?

Teacher Terry
7-29-18, 3:55pm
Equal

Alan
7-29-18, 3:59pm
Equal
Agreed! Just making sure since I'm woefully out of sync with which individuals or groups should be immune from real world thoughts and opinions.

jp1
7-29-18, 4:58pm
Should Rob be off-limits to any and all disagreements or should he be treated as an equal, and sometimes wrong, contributor?

I guess if the comment had tied in to anything rob had previously said I'd agree. For instance I'm fine with yppej turning every discussion Ultralight brings up into a student loan thread. I may disagree with their opinion and don't think it adds to whatever discussion is at hand but it's at least somehow logically tied back to Ultralight. But only a fool or a jerk would try to twist someone not liking new experiences into meaning that they wouldn't like being appreciated at work.

gimmethesimplelife
7-29-18, 5:55pm
I guess if the comment had tied in to anything rob had previously said I'd agree. For instance I'm fine with yppej turning every discussion Ultralight brings up into a student loan thread. I may disagree with their opinion and don't think it adds to whatever discussion is at hand but it's at least somehow logically tied back to Ultralight. But only a fool or a jerk would try to twist someone not liking new experiences into meaning that they wouldn't like being appreciated at work.Thank You, jp1. I rather suspect IRL you are a decent and understanding person. Rob

gimmethesimplelife
7-29-18, 5:57pm
I wondered how long it would take one of Rob’s disagreers to come throw shade on this thread.Longer than I would have thought LOL......it's cool. I have very thick skin and it's only getting thicker as I get older. Rob

gimmethesimplelife
7-29-18, 5:59pm
I wasn't going to post anything else on this thread, but given the recent direction of this thread, I just wanted to say Thank You to those who posted kind and supportive words, no need to mention any names. For those who did so I really appreciate this. Rob

Alan
7-29-18, 10:03pm
I guess if the comment had tied in to anything rob had previously said I'd agree. For instance I'm fine with yppej turning every discussion Ultralight brings up into a student loan thread. I may disagree with their opinion and don't think it adds to whatever discussion is at hand but it's at least somehow logically tied back to Ultralight. But only a fool or a jerk would try to twist someone not liking new experiences into meaning that they wouldn't like being appreciated at work.I'm glad to know you're keeping track of everyone's comments. I'm often accused of saying things I didn't say, thinking thoughts I haven't thought and having opinions I've never expressed, so it will be a relief to have someone watching my back. Thanks in advance!

jp1
7-29-18, 10:09pm
I'm glad to know you're keeping track of everyone's comments. I'm often accused of saying things I didn't say, thinking thoughts I haven't thought and having opinions I've never expressed, so it will be a relief to have someone watching my back. Thanks in advance!

I can't claim to have a photographic memory like Rainman but I try!