PDA

View Full Version : What markers do others define you by?

Ultralight
8-15-18, 7:44pm
This is the other side of the coin from Rob's question about what markers you define yourself by.

What markers do others define you by and how do you feel about them? What do you think of the markers others define you by?

KayLR
8-16-18, 5:04pm
My immediate thought was "NW Native." Maybe because of my last employer...his main displeasure at my leaving was the fact that native hometownies are rare here and valued highly. He really made a big deal about it. Socially, many I talk to did not grow up here and are amazed at the things I tell them. The other day I was talking to someone about a time my mom had me withdraw some money from my bank account because she needed cash and my dad was out of town (and the teller thought I was running away). I said, "Oh he was probably out hunting for DB Cooper." (he was a detective then). I got a funny response to that.

gimmethesimplelife
8-16-18, 6:28pm
I love, love, love your script flip here! Will post an answer after I spend some time pondering this question posed this way.....intriguing question! Rob

bae
8-16-18, 6:38pm
What markers do others define you by and how do you feel about them? What do you think of the markers others define you by?

Difficult to say, I am chameleon-like and code-switch with wild abandon. Context is praxis.

Tammy
8-22-18, 11:25pm
People are more respectful of me the last few years. I can’t tell if it’s because I moved into management or because they’re being nice to an old lady. 😄