PDA

View Full Version : Friends said I look better

Zoe Girl
8-21-18, 12:18am
I saw some friends at meditation tonight that I have not seen in awhile. Probably shortly after the breakdown, but a lot of time is fuzzy for me around then. They both commented on how good I looked. To put it in context I was wearing maroon jeans, a navy blue shirt and a navy blue men's zip up hoodie. No jewelry or makeup. They were talking about how 'I' look, not the outfit, feels really good. I hope I also sound better here. I have also noticed that I am getting asked to do things a little bit, and that I am generally more outside of myself, asking how people are, paying more attention to others. I feel more myself than I have in a long time.

Sometimes I have a moment when I realize what a big deal it was, that I was really'gone' for awhile. Seems like a blur.

Yppej
8-21-18, 4:44am
As they used to sing to Gabe Kotter, "Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back."

sweetana3
8-21-18, 5:25am
A friend got a ramp to get up 3 stairs. (She was in pain from a hip needing to be replaced.) A few days later I saw her and she looked 15 years younger and so very happy. Pain, whether mental or physical, ages a person.

JaneV2.0
8-21-18, 8:36am
I saw some friends at meditation tonight that I have not seen in awhile. Probably shortly after the breakdown, but a lot of time is fuzzy for me around then. They both commented on how good I looked. To put it in context I was wearing maroon jeans, a navy blue shirt and a navy blue men's zip up hoodie. No jewelry or makeup. They were talking about how 'I' look, not the outfit, feels really good. I hope I also sound better here. I have also noticed that I am getting asked to do things a little bit, and that I am generally more outside of myself, asking how people are, paying more attention to others. I feel more myself than I have in a long time.

Sometimes I have a moment when I realize what a big deal it was, that I was really'gone' for awhile. Seems like a blur.

That's a good observation; I've noticed that depressed people are usually so obsessed with themselves and their problems that they are, as you suggest "inside themselves" most of the time.