Yppej
11-17-18, 3:04am
Has anyone stayed in a pods hotel?

Ultralight
11-17-18, 6:36am
No, but I would like to try it!

oldhat
11-17-18, 9:25am
I think they are a great idea. When I'm on the road, I usually just need a place to sleep. Why pay for a bunch of space you don't use?

They are apparently very popular in Japan. I'd love to see more of them in the US.

Tammy
11-17-18, 3:03pm
Claustrophobic!

Teacher Terry
11-17-18, 3:42pm
Me too Tammy!

iris lilies
11-17-18, 4:28pm
I just watched a documentary about the Plaza Hotel in New York City which is pretty much the diametric opposite of a pod hotel. Regular rooms at the plaza seem to cost 650 $700-ish. How much are these pods in Tokyo?

Miss Cellaneous
11-19-18, 9:21am
Youtube has a bunch of videos of people trying out the pod hotels in Japan. Many of them have large common spaces for watching tv, going online, eating, etc., so you'd only use the pod itself when you wanted privacy or to go to sleep. They look like a convenient alternative to an expensive hotel room. The most common complaint I've heard is that some of the hotels don't have a lot of soundproofing and you can hear any sound, like snoring, from the other pods.

Float On
11-19-18, 11:05am
No, I don't want to anyone banging on the wall telling me I'm snoring. A tiny cabin is one thing but a hotel that looks more like a honeycomb is not my idea of a fun night out. Have you seen the sleepover bus video in California? Even worse! That's just curtains.

JaneV2.0
11-19-18, 11:32am
No, I don't want to anyone banging on the wall telling me I'm snoring. A tiny cabin is one thing but a hotel that looks more like a honeycomb is not my idea of a fun night out. Have you seen the sleepover bus video in California? Even worse! That's just curtains.

Ditto. I had to sleep in a camp dorm once as an adult, and I basically just stayed awake all night. There has to be a happy medium between overprice and more room than you need and the beehive model.