PDA

View Full Version : Minnesotans, are you ok?

fidgiegirl
5-22-11, 11:12pm
Did you make it through the bad weather of today ok? Crossing my fingers for all my SLN friends . . .

All is well here.

Rosemary
5-23-11, 6:26am
The sirens went off here around 2:45 but I think it was just a precaution, as the storm did not seem to be moving in our direction.

fidgiegirl
5-23-11, 8:12am
Whew. Now I'm watching about Missouri and Oklahoma and sadly thinking about all of these threads we could have. How about everyone else? Wherever you are?

Stella
5-23-11, 11:30am
We are OK. I was at the Mall of America for a book signing on Sunday so I missed the action then. Zach took the kiddos to the basement, but there was no damage.

I am glad you are both ok!

CathyA
5-23-11, 11:48am
The tornadoes recently have been unbelievable. I can't imagine losing everything I own, plus the town I live in.
I'm glad you all are okay. Was it IN Minneapolis? My DB lives there and hasn't written back yet, but I think he's okay.
What's sad is....on the news this morning, in Joplin they couldn't get enough help from people to get people out of the ruins. So where is the National Guard?
So sad. So sad.....

Mrs-M
5-23-11, 5:23pm
I just heard the news (wee hours this morning), heartbreaking. Glad to hear those here are OK.

fidgiegirl
5-23-11, 6:38pm
Cathy, it was right in Minneapolis, in the northern part of the city. One of the poorest areas of the city! It seems to be always the worst off who are punished with these disasters. That's probably not really true, but it sure seems like it.

redfox
5-23-11, 9:25pm
Joplin MO is the hardest hit, I believe...

fidgiegirl
5-23-11, 10:14pm
Joplin MO is the hardest hit, I believe...

By far, I would agree.