PDA

View Full Version : Just started Budgeting through Mint

TabbyCaticus
2-16-19, 11:22am
Hi all!

So I had joined Mint a while back but never connected my accounts to it. I did that last night. To my surprise, after budgeting for everything, I had $300 for the month left over! Apparently I've just been throwing it away at this and that all over the place. I'm so glad that I put in this budget! They have a mobile app as well as a website, so I'll be able to keep track on the go and limit my spending. I'm really excited, because I can make extra payments on my debt with this money, and save up for some home repairs.

Teacher Terry
2-16-19, 11:36am
That’s great!

catherine
2-16-19, 11:43am
I use Mint as well, but not so much for budgeting. For that I use YouNeedABudget. However, Mint is a great platform for many things. It keeps a lot of financial stuff together, and the "goals" function is also helpful.

Good luck with your budget!

Money and Mountains
3-6-19, 12:29am
Budgeting is SO important. How awesome to know that you should be able to save $300 per month. That will really add up fast.

frugalone
3-14-19, 12:58pm
I like Mint a lot. I use it to track everything. I am not really sure how to figure out what I've got "left" at the end of the month, but it is good to know where the money is going.