PDA

View Full Version : my new car needs a name

Zoe Girl
4-6-19, 10:58am
Here she is 2735

Sorry it is upside down, doing this on limited tech today. She is a 2012 Subaru Forester with 129K miles on her. Rosie was a 2007 Honda CRV with 252K miles.She was starting to burn through oil and the hail damage was extensive. I walked in with my poor beat up Rosie and brought cash and walked out under $6k. Pretty sweet deal to me. She has some mild hail damage, nothing like what I had on Rosie. She smells clean but not fragrancy, very important. And the salesman was really nice. I went over on my mid-day break and then came back after work to finish it up and was driving out about 9 pm.

nswef
4-6-19, 11:35am
Baby Blue

dado potato
4-6-19, 11:41am
Looks something like a blue bottle fly upside down on a ceiling.

How about naming the car Calliphora invertica ?

ToomuchStuff
4-6-19, 11:44am
I wouldn't call being upside down, mild hail damage. I would name it, "Sorryaboutthat".:~)

catherine
4-6-19, 11:46am
I was trying to think of a woman who represented adventure (I think "adventure" when I think Suburu), and then I looked up women from Colorado, and I came up with:

"Molly" after Molly Brown (The Unsinkable Molly Brown). She represents resilience and grit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Brown

Margaret's fame as a well-known Titanic survivor helped her promote the issues she felt strongly about: the rights of workers and women, education and literacy for children, historic preservation, and commemoration of the bravery and chivalry displayed by the men aboard the Titanic. During World War I in France, she worked with the American Committee for Devastated France to rebuild areas behind the front line, and helped wounded French and American soldiers. She was awarded the French Légion d'Honneur for her good citizenship, activism, and philanthropy in America.

gimmethesimplelife
4-6-19, 11:49am
You can get creative with this! I was dating a guy once during my time in Portland, OR who was from the South and who had a GWTW obsession and who named every place he ever lived. So I named my first place in Portland Terraced Edge - don't remember how I came up with THAT but it sounded good. Rob

Alan
4-6-19, 5:48pm
The most famous forester in the world happens to be Smokey Bear.....just sayin.

JaneV2.0
4-6-19, 6:07pm
You can get creative with this! I was dating a guy once during my time in Portland, OR who was from the South and who had a GWTW obsession and who named every place he ever lived. So I named my first place in Portland Terraced Edge - don't remember how I came up with THAT but it sounded good. Rob

I generally don't assign names, but I called my VW Helga when it was giving me trouble (much of the time), and think of my house as Chez Decay.

Zoe Girl
4-6-19, 6:54pm
I was trying to think of a woman who represented adventure (I think "adventure" when I think Suburu), and then I looked up women from Colorado, and I came up with:

"Molly" after Molly Brown (The Unsinkable Molly Brown). She represents resilience and grit.

Molly Brown is very well known here, good idea. It is making it into the running.

Teacher Terry
4-6-19, 7:50pm
I have only known one person to name a car and find it unusual.

Zoe Girl
4-6-19, 8:58pm
[QUOTE=Teacher Terry;324510]I have only known one person to name a car and find it unusual.[/QUOT

I have been naming mine forever, here is the list
family Subaru Outback white- snowball
tan Ford Taurus wagon - the worm
85 green Subaru - Gump (for forest gump)
Subaru outback with heavily tinted windows - James Bond
red Honda CRV - Rosie
my sisters gold minivan - Goldie

That is all I can think of right now,

pinkytoe
4-6-19, 9:19pm
PeggySubarue

ToomuchStuff
4-7-19, 5:59am
The most famous forester in the world happens to be Smokey Bear.....just sayin.

The other would be Paul Bunyan, who had a blue ox named Babe.

iris lilies
4-7-19, 9:51am
PeggySubarue
That is funny!

Zoe Girl
4-7-19, 9:57am
PeggySubarue

I do kinda like that one,

I got stuck on Mommy's little Monster also. It is a song by Social Distortion. There is a line about her eyes are blue, she likes her hair that color too.

Float On
4-7-19, 4:22pm
Never really got into naming cars. We did call our show truck the "silver bullet"... on occasion and I drove an old powder blue van a church owned when I was a youth pastor. It had a hard time going up hills so we called it the "Big Blue Burp".

Zoe Girl
4-7-19, 4:33pm
My aunt suggested Skye

Tenngal
4-8-19, 9:38am
Blue Goose lol