PDA

View Full Version : Let’s Make a Deal

LDAHL
8-16-19, 10:53am
Now I’m hearing the President is interested in buying Greenland from Denmark. That’s nuts. During my USAF years, that’s where they threatened to send you if you screwed up.

Alan
8-16-19, 11:09am
Now I’m hearing the President is interested in buying Greenland from Denmark. That’s nuts. During my USAF years, that’s where they threatened to send you if you screwed up.
That wasn't just a threat, half my first squadron spent 89 day TDY's at Thule.

oldhat
8-16-19, 11:18am
If the Danes are willing to sell, I'm prepared to go as high as $499.

catherine
8-16-19, 11:55am
Unless Trump has some grand vision for a Trump Waterworld, it's probably not going to be a good investment once climate change has its way with Greenland.

bae
8-16-19, 12:04pm
Unless Trump has some grand vision for a Trump Waterworld, it's probably not going to be a good investment once climate change has its way with Greenland.

It would seem to me that climate change would improve living conditions in Greenland. The Icelanders had a colony there from 985 to 1450–1500 or so, establishing it at the beginning of a warming trend.

LDAHL
8-16-19, 12:14pm

Once the ice sheet melts, there will be plenty of valuable minerals available to be mined. Plus we’ll have a site to relocate detention facilities once the lease on Guantanamo expires.

oldhat
8-16-19, 2:52pm
It's more than just minerals. It's sand (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climatechange-greenland/as-ice-melts-greenland-could-become-big-sand-exporter-study-idUSKCN1Q01YG). Greenland's rapidly melting ice sheets are creating millions of tons of sand. Trump is using his superior brain to corner the market on sand. We lesser mortals can only stand in awe of his business genius.

It's the upside to global warming. Never mind desertification, mass extinctions, ocean acidification, floods and hurricanes, think of the sand! Nuuk will be the new Miami Beach!

Party like it's 2099! Whoohoo!