PDA

View Full Version : Itasca boots

Tybee
11-19-19, 2:24pm
Anybody tried this brand? I just bought a pair of winter snowboots, lined with good traction soles, for $39, regular price.

I just wonder if anyone has had any experience with the brand--got these at Farm and Fleet.

rosarugosa
11-19-19, 4:30pm
Tybee: I'm unfamiliar with the brand but you will have to let us know how you like them. That's certainly a good price for boots.

catherine
11-19-19, 4:38pm
Yeah, I'm in the market for boots. I've been trudging around in the snow with 5-year old Sketchers. Let me know if you like them!

happystuff
11-19-19, 4:45pm
My winter boots are actually rubber/garden/rain boots with at least 2 pairs of thick socks. LOL.

catherine
11-19-19, 4:48pm
My winter boots are actually rubber/garden/rain boots with at least 2 pairs of thick socks. LOL.

I bought a pair like that at Granny's Attic thrift shop last year, but left them in NJ! :(.

Tybee
11-19-19, 5:11pm
I'll keep y'all posted. Here is a picture of them, though mine are all black:

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5300/9rtaqzdv/products/497/images/859/a86f2695-ca4a-43f3-858b-9332b2ffb1aaf__90519.1368046197.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

rosarugosa
11-19-19, 6:37pm
They look nice. I got a pair of Sorel boots last year and I've been happy with them. I was looking for something that would be good for walking, warm and waterproof. I do have a pair of tall boots for deep snow, but they aren't really walking boots.
These are the Sorel boots: https://www.sorel.com/womens-whitney-short%C2%A0lace-boot-1767011.html?dwvar_1767011_variationColor=010#pgsi ze=72&start=0

Teacher Terry
11-19-19, 7:26pm
Luckily I don’t need winter boots. If it does snow it’s usually melted by the sun by 10.

Tybee
11-19-19, 7:37pm
Luckily I don’t need winter boots. If it does snow it’s usually melted by the sun by 10.

I have to wear boots every day from October to April. Oh well.
Rosa, those are really cute!

SteveinMN
11-19-19, 9:01pm
The Itasca brand name was new to me. Itasca is the headwaters of the Mississippi River. (There's a state park there there at which you can actually walk over the nascent river). So I was interested in the local connection. Turns out the shoes are imported by a company a few miles from my house, C. O. Lynch Enterprises (http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Itasca-651-633-8800). Live and learn; it would be nice to have another "local" shoe alternative than Red Wing Shoes (amazingly good but $$$$). I'm still rockin' a pair of Dunhams which finally are showing some signs of age after a decade and a half. But I'll be in the market in the not-too-distant future.

Tybee
11-20-19, 7:57am
That is interesting, Steve!
I love Red Wing shoes. I admit, I bought these because of the price and fact they were more comfortable than any of the other, higher price pairs.

catherine
11-20-19, 7:46pm
The boots I recently had to throw away were Macy Ugg-rip-off boots, but they were SO comfortable. You could wear them in the house like slippers, but they still kept your feel warm outside. I would get another similar pair. They're easy to take off and on.

JaneV2.0
11-21-19, 10:26am
The boots I recently had to throw away were Macy Ugg-rip-off boots, but they were SO comfortable. You could wear them in the house like slippers, but they still kept your feel warm outside. I would get another similar pair. They're easy to take off and on.

I have a collection of Ugg-like short booties (Lamo, Bearpaw) in different colors that I'm very fond of.

dado potato
11-21-19, 11:50am
@Steve, and any other good people in old boots (and vice versa!):

I wear an old pair of Prospector Gore-Tex boots, which were made in Canada. This year rather than mink oil, I plan on treating the leather with coconut oil (I have 1.6L jar with a best by date 3/2019!)

For shorter walks, this winter I plan on storing Yak Tracks grippers beside a chair in the attached garage. I will be able to slip them on and off "out there", and wear the grippers over New Balance every-day walking shoes. Note to Self When I am galivanting around making social calls, I must remember not to walk on peoples wooden stairs and decks unless I take the grippers off!