PDA

View Full Version : Scale of one to ten....

gimmethesimplelife
1-1-20, 3:11pm
How much are you dreading Election 2020? Count me as a 9.

How much are you able to tune out the three ring circus of the election process? Color me a 2 - on a good day. Need to work on this! Rob

Yppej
1-1-20, 3:19pm
Dreading - 0. Tuning out - 0. I have heard 11 candidates speak so far. My oversize election maps are ready for coloring in, one for the Democratic primary and one for the general election. I do not expect any Republican primary action. The boss approved the day after election day for vacation so I can stay up late and watch the returns. Bring it on!

Teacher Terry
1-1-20, 3:39pm
After the debacle last time I am dreading it.

gimmethesimplelife
1-1-20, 3:42pm
After the debacle last time I am dreading it.Same here, TT....same here. I'm guessing it's going to be Trump vs. whoever secures the Democratic nomination....and we as a nation witnessed Trump's behavior during the elections last time around. Why would anyone believe 2020 would be any different? I personaly am really dreading Election 2020. Rob

Teacher Terry
1-1-20, 3:49pm
Last time I stayed up and watched the disaster not believing it. Maybe this time I will drink wine, go to bed and be surprised in the morning:))

gimmethesimplelife
1-1-20, 4:17pm
Last time I stayed up and watched the disaster not believing it. Maybe this time I will drink wine, go to bed and be surprised in the morning:))Sounds like a plan to me! I hope to wake up and either hear that Elizabeth Warren or Mayor Pete won, we'll see. Rob

bae
1-1-20, 4:24pm
How much are you dreading Election 2020?

Dreading? No. 0. I can't influence it one way or the other here, and I refuse to let these folks have rent-free places in my brain.

How much are you able to tune out the three ring circus of the election process?

It's trivial to tune out here if I choose, but I also some days feel like watching a circus. They need more clowns in the car though. And popcorn.

gimmethesimplelife
1-1-20, 4:27pm
Dreading? No. 0. I can't influence it one way or the other here, and I refuse to let these folks have rent-free places in my brain.

It's trivial to tune out here if I choose, but I also some days feel like watching a circus. They need more clowns in the car though. And popcorn.I like your take on both, Bae. I'm not equal to your takes, but I do like them. Rob

happystuff
1-1-20, 4:37pm
How much are you dreading Election 2020?

10. The amount of anger and hatred generated during and since the last election has been over-whelming, and - since I, personally, believe it will get worse - it is frightening.

How much are you able to tune out the three ring circus of the election process?

I'm not able to tune out as much as I would like as I live with someone consumed with what is happening in the political arena right now.

I pray alot.

rosarugosa
1-1-20, 5:00pm
I don't really give it too much thought. I imagine that will change as it gets closer.

LDAHL
1-1-20, 5:10pm
I feel election night will ultimately come as something of a relief in that it ends what looks to be a pair of relentlessly ugly and loud campaigns. I expect meretricious moralizing, clueless condescension and truth-torturing on both sides. It’s hard to see at this point any likely outcome that will lead to an improved political climate.

The funny thing is, I don’t particularly dread that. We seem to be doing fairly well in almost every other sphere. Maybe a political class distracted by ridiculous feuding isn’t the worst that could happen. Surely the last few years have taught us that.

In any event, I don’t see it as worth losing sleep over.

NewGig
1-1-20, 8:50pm
Tuning out 8, dreading 10.

we live in NH, you think it’s bad elsewhere? Ha! Except for Iowa, this place is probably the worst. It becomes a zoo every election cycle.

I will say that befuddling pollsters is good clean fun. Tell them you refuse to respond to a question because it’s so slanted and they don’t know what to do. Tell them 2 months before the election that you haven’t decided yet and they think you’re lying. Tell them you have no tv and throw out the ads without reading them and only listen to npr, they also think you’re lying, even though it’s the truth. It’s my job to increase the percentages outside the bell curve; to foster the idea that there ARE people out there who do research and make up their own minds, no matter what the sound bites.

i’m a voter who believes in my own convictions, and I studied sales, history and effective writing far too long to believe the snake oil.

sweetana3
1-2-20, 5:58am
I am with BAE. We have decided what we are doing and are avoiding the media as much as possible.